keypad button to indicate status of and control entire floor

MikeB

I am still suspecting issues I have already asked about, but have missed your response. This includes ON levels, in what scenes is the KPL button, little symbols, results of scene tests...? It really helps if you respond to those kinds of questions.

Without details, one can only speculate. My best guess is that your KPL (both controller and responder) is part of multiple scenes, that the scene 'LED OFF Scenes / BASEMENT LED OFF" includes some, or all, of the devices that are a condition in your program (causing the program to retrigger), that you have other programs that turn the KPL button off, or some combination of these issues. Or, it could be a simple communication problem.

Perhaps I can summarize:

a) in what scenes is the KPL. Name all of them. Which controller, which responder?

B) what devices are in scene "LED OFF Scenes / BASEMENT LED OFF"?

c) what other programs affect the KPL button? What program or scene turns it off (have I missed this?)?

This CAN be solved.

Hi Oberkc;

The KPL G is controller in the 'Basement Dim' scene

Its a responder to the All Off scene (just a whole house off scene) and the Basement Dim scene

And my Basement LED OFF scene (the LED scene I created to try to control the status of the LED itself)

This scene has only the KPL G LED at 100%.

It also triggers this program

If
       Status  'Hallway KPL G Basement Dim' is Off

Then
       Set Scene 'Basement Off' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

and of course the program in question.

If
       Status  'Andrew's Office A' is not Off
    Or Status  'Basement Hall' is not Off
    Or Status  'Basement KPL A' is not Off
    Or Status  'Christmas Tree' is not Off
    Or Status  'Lamp Left' is not Off
    Or Status  'Lamp Right' is not Off
    Or Status  'Library' is not Off
    Or Status  'Theatre Room' is not Off

Then
       Wait  1 second
       Set Scene 'LED OFF Scenes / BASEMENT LED OFF' On

Else

If its a case where I have too much stuff on the one LED I can be good with that.

I believe this works perfectly.

If
       Status  'Barn Spots' is not Off

Then
       Wait  3 minutes 
       Set 'Barn Spots' Off
       Set Scene 'LED OFF Scenes / Spots off' Off

Else

Its an entirely different KPL.

Just to confirm I understand a few details...

- you have a "hallway KPL G Basement Dim" device. Is this a different KPL G that is controller of the scene "basement dim"? If different, is it part of any of the same scenes as the other KPL G button?

- what is the difference between the "basement off" scene and the "basement LED off" scene?

The KPL G is controller in the 'Basement Dim' scene
Its a responder to the All Off scene (just a whole house off scene) and the Basement Dim scene

You state that the KPL G is controller to the basement dim scene and also responder to the basement dim scene. Correct? Since, with the ISY, any controller is automatically a responder, are you suggesting that these are, somehow, different scenes? Or...are you just reaffirming the principle that controllers are responders.

Based on what I see, the KPL is part of the following three scenes: All Off, Basement LED Off, and Basement Dim. There are no other scenes in which the KPL G button is a part, correct?

These two programs are the only two that affect on, or are affected by, the KPL-G button, or on/by a scene that includes the KPL-G button. Is this correct?

There are two reasons (beyond device failure) that I can think would cause the KPL to not come on when you expect: communication error or program/scene error. I would like to eliminate the communication error. Have you performed any scene tests of the "basement LED off" scene? Have you performed any scene tests of the basement dim scene? What are the results? Have you manually executed the THEN path of either of these two programs? What are the results? Do they always turn the KPL G button on/off as expected? Be advised that you may need to temporarily disable these two programs to achieve successful results.

Once we can reasonably eliminate comm errors as a factor, we can look at the interreaction of your programs/scenes/devices.

Hi oberkc;

Thanks for getting back to me with this.

Hopefully this summary points to where I'm going wrong.

- you have a "hallway KPL G Basement Dim" device. Is this a different KPL G that is controller of the scene "basement dim"? If different, is it part of any of the same scenes as the other KPL G button?

I only have the one KPL G button involved in this issue

what is the difference between the "basement off" scene and the "basement LED off" scene?

The basement off scene is a scene that shuts all the lights off, where as the basement LED off scene is the scene that only has the KPL G button as a responder.

(this is the scene that is triggered by the programs mentioned in this post that I was hoping would set the status of the KPL LED, i.e. if any light is on the LED is on, if all lights are off, the LED is off)

You state that the KPL G is controller to the basement dim scene and also responder to the basement dim scene. Correct? Since, with the ISY, any controller is automatically a responder, are you suggesting that these are, somehow, different scenes? Or...are you just reaffirming the principle that controllers are responders.

Yes, the controller is also a responder. I just have the one scene.

Based on what I see, the KPL is part of the following three scenes: All Off, Basement LED Off, and Basement Dim. There are no other scenes in which the KPL G button is a part, correct?

Correct

Have you performed any scene tests of the "basement LED off" scene? Have you performed any scene tests of the basement dim scene? What are the results?

this is the basement LED OFF scene test

Wed 11/27/2013 11:52:17 AM : [GRP-RX      ] 02 61 30 13 00 06 

----- BASEMENT LED OFF Test Results -----
[Failed] Hallway KPL G Basement Dim (12 39 BB 7)
----- BASEMENT LED OFF Test Results -----
Wed 11/27/2013 11:52:25 AM : [iNST-TX-I1  ] 02 62 00 00 30 CF 13 00

Wed 11/27/2013 11:52:25 AM : [iNST-ACK    ] 02 62 00.00.30 CF 13 00 06          LTOFFRR(00)

This is the basement dim test

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:36 AM : [GRP-RX      ] 02 61 1F 13 00 06 

----- Basement Dim Test Results -----
[Failed] Theatre Room (1D D4 B7 1)
[Failed] Basement KPL D (18 58 67 4)
[ignore] Andrew's Remote D (1C 34 4E 3)
[Failed] Lamp Right (23 76 16 1)
[Failed] Hallway KPL G Basement Dim (12 39 BB 7)
[Failed] Christmas Tree (E A7 D5 1)
[Failed] Basement Hall (18 B C7 1)
[ignore] B Remote D Base Dim (14 37 10 4)
[Failed] Lamp Left (23 74 29 1)
[Failed] Andrew's Office D (A AE 5C 4)
[Failed] Library (18 10 4 1)
----- Basement Dim Test Results -----
Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:41 AM : [iNST-ACK    ] 02 62 00.00.1F CF 13 00 06          LTOFFRR(00)

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:41 AM : [Ext MH      ] Unexpected Ack imCmd=62 cmd1=LTOFFRR 0x13

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:46 AM : [iNST-TX-I2  ] 02 62 1C 34 4E 1F 2F 00 00 02 0E AF 08 62 03 0E A7 E3 FF 00 03 0B

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:46 AM : [iNST-ACK    ] 02 62 1C.34.4E 1F 2F 00 00 02 0E AF 08 62 03 0E A7 E3 FF 00 03 0B 06        (00)

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:55 AM : [iNST-TX-I2  ] 02 62 1C 34 4E 1F 2F 00 00 02 0E AF 08 62 03 0E A7 E3 FF 00 03 0B

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:55 AM : [iNST-ACK    ] 02 62 1C.34.4E 1F 2F 00 00 02 0E AF 08 62 03 0E A7 E3 FF 00 03 0B 06        (00)

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:59 AM : [1C 34 4E 1  ] Link   42 : 0EA8 [62030EA7E3FF0003] *Failed Writing [62..............]

Wed 11/27/2013 11:50:59 AM : [  1C 34 4E 1]      ERR   1

Have you manually executed the THEN path of either of these two programs?

I'm not sure how to manually execute the THEN path.

That being said, if I try to manually trigger the basement LED scene from the ISY it doesn't light.

(I've made exact copies of the scene but switched to different KPLs and they work fine. I've tried switching a different LED on the KPL in question and it doesn't work.

I've tried air gapping the KPL. I'm getting no comm errors from it)

If I have to start from scratch I'm not opposed to that.

Drew

I'm not sure how to manually execute the THEN path.

In the listing of programs, right-click, run then path.

this is the basement LED OFF scene test

It appears to me that you have a failure in the scene test. While not conclusive, this is a bit of evidence here. Does it consistently fail?

This is the basement dim test

More failures. Ugh. Did you disable the programs before trying this test? Did it affect the results?

That being said, if I try to manually trigger the basement LED scene from the ISY it doesn't light.

I think I am starting to see a pattern here. Your scene tests suggest communication problems. Your device failing to respond from manual triggers suggests communication problems. Perhaps this is the root cause of your issue?

Have you read any of the (many) threads on communication problems and troubleshooting? It can be a frustrating process.

Start with the easy stuff...is the PLM plugged into an outlet or circuit that has lots of other computer stuff, UPS, surge suppressors, computers, routers, modems, etc....? Do you have two access points or other means to couple your electrical legs (phases), confirmed on opposite legs by the method in the user manual?

Hi oberkc;

When I saw the failures in the tests I thought that too.

I just got home from work so I'm futzing with it now.

I just replaced the PLM a few weeks ago and had to 'restore' a SWL. I'm in the process of restoring the KPL now in hopes that thats the issue.

I used to get awful comm errors constantly. I worked through all of them and nailed it down to a poor power supply in an old PC that's no longer in use.

I havent had comm issues again until a month ago when the PLM failed.

After I replaced it everything is rock solid again.

I'll see if 'restoring' it works and if not I'll check out the questions in your posting.

Drew

oberkc, everything you suggested works.

My problem was the PLM replacement. I'm finding out I have to restore my devices.

Please forgive my ignorance on this.

I've never replaced the PLM before and didnt know I would have to restore devices.

I will back away from the forum slowly, ashamed, and try restoring before I bring an issue to the table.

Drew

• 3 months later...

When you changed the PLM.

Did you power up the PLM then the ISY controller. So it found the new PLMs ID?

Then used the Restore Modem (PLM) choice in the files menu? That should have made the changes to all the devices with out a manual restore. Other than battery devices that had to be put into the Linking Mode first.

Archived