Support thread for: PG3x v3.2.1 (August 14th, 2023)

Installed the upgrade last night, but eisy became unresponsive to a reboot.  I've seen this before from time to time.  I was also not able to log into PG3.  I tried to shutdown eisy with 6 presses of the power button, but it would not shutdown.  I removed power and restarted it.  It booted normally and I was then able to get into PG3.  I have 6 node servers.  The re-install step worked fine on the first 4 (Notification, ELK, Ambient Weather, and HueEmulator), but it stopped on the RainMachine node server with it in a Disconnected state.  Also, the version shown for RainMachine was the upgraded PG3 version, 3.2.1.  I had to do a manual re-install on it and the last node server, VenstarCT.  After that, everything seems to be working fine.

So, the upgrade was a little bumpy, but it's complete and working.

The isyAccess flag is still not working for me.  The 'Backup' node server will require this, but when I set the checkbox in to indicate that the node server will need the user to grant permission, the request for user permission never shows up in the configuration tab of the node server once it's installed.

Another issue is that I can no longer re-install node servers by going to the Purchases page.  Instead, I have to search through the full node server store listing to find the node server I want to re-install.  Why was this feature removed?

The new developerMode lets me set it for any node server I have a license for, not just the node server's I created. 

38 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

The isyAccess flag is still not working for me.  The 'Backup' node server will require this, but when I set the checkbox in to indicate that the node server will need the user to grant permission, the request for user permission never shows up in the configuration tab of the node server once it's installed.

I can't reproduce this. Can you set the "Require ISY Access" flag on your Backup Node Server in the production store?

Another issue is that I can no longer re-install node servers by going to the Purchases page.  Instead, I have to search through the full node server store listing to find the node server I want to re-install.  Why was this feature removed?

I personally don't use this, so I did not even notice a change here.  Most node servers I have on that page shows an Install button (I have a license but it is not installed)

The only changes on that page was that duplicates have been removed, and the Update button is only showing if an update is available. So what you are seeing may be a side effect of one of those changes.

Can you describe the problem in more details?
Is it that the node server line don't show
Or does it show, but without an Install button?
Is it a node server that is already installed?
Is it a node server that you developed?

The new developerMode lets me set it for any node server I have a license for, not just the node server's I created. 

I can see the problem. Will have a fix.

8 minutes ago, bmercier said:

I can't reproduce this. Can you set the "Require ISY Access" flag on your Backup Node Server in the production store?

I could, but that would hide the problem.  The problem is that you're searching for a store record only by nsid and picking the first one that matches.  So when there's both a production store entry and either a beta or local store entry with the same nsid, you only use the isyAccess flag from the production entry.  You should be looking up the store entry by both nsid and store so that you get the proper store entry.

I really want to test changes to the node server using my local store entry before I make any changes to the production node server, including the store entry for the production node server.

14 minutes ago, bmercier said:

I personally don't use this, so I did not even notice a change here.  Most node servers I have on that page shows an Install button (I have a license but it is not installed)

The only changes on that page was that duplicates have been removed, and the Update button is only showing if an update is available. So what you are seeing may be a side effect of one of those changes.

Can you describe the problem in more details?
Is it that the node server line don't show
Or does it show, but without an Install button?
Is it a node server that is already installed?
Is it a node server that you developed?

Previously, I could go to the Purchases page and I had the option to install or re-install a node server I had a license for.  If the node server was currently installed, I could re-install it.  If the node node server wasn't currently installed, I could install it.

Now I can only install it if it's not currently installed.  The only way to re-install a currently installed node server is to do so through the node server store page.  It's much easier to find the node server to re-install on the purchases page than the node server store page.

It shows without an install button so no way to do anything with it from the purchases page.

image.thumb.png.ee0a14d5e5340627df6854f4bb460d71.png

The node server is already installed and no, it's not one that I developed.

59 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Previously, I could go to the Purchases page and I had the option to install or re-install a node server I had a license for.  If the node server was currently installed, I could re-install it.  If the node node server wasn't currently installed, I could install it.

Now I can only install it if it's not currently installed.  The only way to re-install a currently installed node server is to do so through the node server store page.  It's much easier to find the node server to re-install on the purchases page than the node server store page.

It shows without an install button so no way to do anything with it from the purchases page.

image.thumb.png.ee0a14d5e5340627df6854f4bb460d71.png

The node server is already installed and no, it's not one that I developed.

Hi Bob,

Previously you would see an update button on all the lines. 

One of the change was to show the update button only if an update is available (current version != latest version)

Is this the Update button you are looking for? (Or install?)

If so, do you have a use case where the update button would be useful?

User comments were that the update button should only appear if an update was available.

15 minutes ago, bmercier said:

Hi Bob,

Previously you would see an update button on all the lines. 

One of the change was to show the update button only if an update is available (current version != latest version)

Is this the Update button you are looking for? (Or install?)

If so, do you have a use case where the update button would be useful?

User comments were that the update button should only appear if an update was available.

I agree that having the update button when there's not an update is confusing.  At one point I had changed it to show 

install -> node server not currently installed

re-install -> node server currently installed

update -> an update to the node server is available

It was just a conditional check in the UI to make sure the right text was displayed, in all cases, I believe the button does the same thing, i.e. takes you to the store entry details page which gives the options of re-install to same slot or install to new slot.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, bpwwer said:

I agree that having the update button when there's not an update is confusing.  At one point I had changed it to show 

install -> node server not currently installed

re-install -> node server currently installed

update -> an update to the node server is available

It was just a conditional check in the UI to make sure the right text was displayed, in all cases, I believe the button does the same thing, i.e. takes you to the store entry details page which gives the options of re-install to same slot or install to new slot.

I added the re-install button in the purchases page. It will be in the upcoming 3.2.2.

18 hours ago, bpwwer said:

I could, but that would hide the problem.  The problem is that you're searching for a store record only by nsid and picking the first one that matches.  So when there's both a production store entry and either a beta or local store entry with the same nsid, you only use the isyAccess flag from the production entry.  You should be looking up the store entry by both nsid and store so that you get the proper store entry.

I really want to test changes to the node server using my local store entry before I make any changes to the production node server, including the store entry for the production node server.

This will be fixed in 3.2.2

@sjpbailey A small issue with updates not affecting functionality. In this case the NS is being flagged as out of date, but is actually running a more current version than what is being recommended. Not sure if this is a dev option or in the core so I thought I would post it for review.

2023-08-16_14-13-51.thumb.png.faf919a28af02849cc1406279205f31d.png

Edited by kzboray
@sjpbailey A small issue with updates not affecting functionality. In this case the NS is being flagged as out of date, but is actually running a more current version than what is being recommended. Not sure if this is a dev option or in the core so I thought I would post it for review.

http://d2z8ydsemzif1x.cloudfront.net/monthly_2023_08/2023-08-16_14-13-51.thumb.png.faf919a28af02849cc1406279205f31d.png

This means that the node server developer updated his node server to 3.1.2 but did not update the store to say it is 3.1.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, kzboray said:

2023-08-16_14-13-51.thumb.png.faf919a28af02849cc1406279205f31d.png

@kzboray, don't know if this is your situation, but when I ran the PG3 update and selected Re-Install of all node servers, it updated the first 4 OK, but then stalled when trying to re-install the 5th one.  The node server was in a dis-connected state.  I first re-started it and it connected, but the version changed to 3.2.1, the same as the new PG3 version.  I then re-installed it and the version updated to the correct version for that node server.

Again, not sure if this fits your situation, but I thought I'd put it out there as a possibility.

So far update is working and I removed a driver from the Tuya controller. After the latest 3.2.1 update i have had 0 issues and no more notifications from Tuya phone app with that and an update.

Now working on Jaguar, Land Rover, Discovery node server.

Great Job! @bmercier

@kzboray

i will look into that today and look at version numbers.

Had a couple nodes in one of my Polisy's that had old local store nodes that were changed to Production. When i changed them to production the local nodes stayed effecting the Production nodes causing issues like this!

I did edit a couple things without updating version # so i will look at that today as i also have to add a, Air Circulation Unit and a Curtain Control for @koln1011. List is getting longer for Tuya!

All i can hear is playing is! 

"nobodies fault but mine"

Led Zeppelin!

• Like 2