Leak Sensor Communication

flsenior

I have successfully run a leak sensor program for several years.  Recently, there was an unknown event that caused my ISY to lose communications with all of my leak sensors (14 units).  I did a restore on all of the leak sensors and successfully reconnected all but 1 leak sensor. 

After attempting to restore the 1 non-communicating leak sensor several times, I deleted the leak sensor and then reinstalled the device.  I could write to the device, however the ISY would not recognize when I activated the leak sensor wet/dry button.

I removed the battery from the leak sensor.  After installation of the battery, the ISY registered the wet/dry settings.  However, when I depressed the device activation button, the ISY wet/dry settings would remain static.

I deleted the device plus all programming and state variables for the device and then reinstalled the device and the program items.  Once again the ISY recognized the wet/dry settings.  The wet/dry settings would not change when I activated the leak sensor switch.

I then purchased a new leak sensor from Insteon.  I deleted the original sensor, the state variable and all program references.

The new leak sensor was installed and the program references were rewritten.

Once again, the ISY will recognize the wet/dry settings but will remain static when I depress the leak sensor button.

All of my other leak sensors respond appropriately for daily heartbeat and activation of the leak sensor button for wet/dry.

I have no issues in writing a restore to the leak sensor, yet the ISY will not record the wet/dry communication from the activated leak sensor.

Any suggestions on the problem are appreciated. 

Update to the above posting;

I placed the leak sensor in water and the device communicated to the ISY without any issue.

I still would like suggestions about why the activation of the leak sensor button does not cause a change in the wet/dry settings on the ISY.  

Depression of the leak sensor button will cause a change of the ISY wet/dry settings. 

The set button on the leak sensor is basically used for two purposes.

1. to put the sensor into the linking mode.

2. To reset the sensor from wet to dry once the sensor has detected water but is no longer in water.

To check the sensor place it on a wet paper towel. The ISY should show the wet node as on and the dry node as off. Take the sensor off of the paper towel and press the set button once, the ISY should show the dry node as on and the wet node as off.