Service, Gateways, Devices (Garage door openers. etc.)

dbwarner5
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

@Goose66 Thanks for fixing hte MyQ load balancing issue. A new question for you:

I have 10 Nodes that show up in my AC:

-1 Node for the Service

-3 Gateways Nodes: (hub at house 1, Opener-hub at house 2, Opener Hub house 1--> new as a replacement

-6 Device nodes, all Garage door openers

The issue is that the Devices all show up under the hub they are connected to, each hub shows up as a node and then the service as a node and they end up scattered all over in my device tree. While I can group the devices under their hub, I cant organize the hubs / service to be together. 

Any ideas? I can move the one new garage door opener with hub at house 1 under the general hub at house 1 to get it back in line, but beyond that, I change the names so that they all are next to each other, but that is all. 

Thanks

• Solution

The node server can only have one sub-level. I keep all my node server service nodes in one "Node Server" folder, and the garage door openers in a "Perimeter" folder. Alternatively, you can just move them all under a "Garage Door" or "MyQ" folder.

Edited by Goose66

Makes perfect sense. I forget about folders in the tree. Use them extensively for programming, but not there.

Put all the services and hub into a folder.

Renamed all the door openers to logically fall in their right place on the tree; Garage Doors, Pole Barn Doors, Vacation home Garage door.

thanks!