Govee not working. 5.7.0 + 3.0.0

TRI0N

Govee Node Server is no longer working correctly. Using eisy 5.7.0 and Govee Node Server 3.0.0 Production. At first after upgrading to 5.7.0 and the latest Govee Node Update. It stopped working. When you first start the server you can get about 10 seconds of it actually reading the devices in Admin Panel then drops everything reporting it "off". So I thought maybe the API Key. So I redid my API Key and update the node server with the api_key field with my new API Key. Reboot the node server and you get about 10 seconds of it connecting to devices correctly and reporting their status then boom again everything back to "off". 

I've tried rebooting the eisy, restart Govee Node Server, Stop / Start etc, etc.. Still same results. Unfortunately I didn't notice the Govee Node Server not working correct till yesterday when I installed new covered patio lighting. The other Govee products I have are not lighting so I never had to add it to eisy but have been wanting to add them. Such as a Air Purifier and Air Quality Monitors.

Cheers,
TRI0N

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 9:40 AM, bpwwer said:

Based on the behavior you're reporting, I'd guess that it's crashing or getting an unexpected error from the API.  What shows up in the log?

The last line just keeps repeating the same thing about the API. But the Node Server is the only thing using the API.

Cheers!

govee_ud.txt

That says that you've exceeded the number of calls you can make to the API.   You'll probably have to adjust the poll intervals so that you don't exceed the limits.

You can read about the limits here: https://govee-public.s3.amazonaws.com/developer-docs/GoveeDeveloperAPIReference.pdf

If you enabled debug logging, it might provide more information about the limits in the log, I'm not sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this again...

I am having the exact same issue with only getting about 10sec of data and then everything changes to OFF.  Oddly, I noticed when I restart the node and my admin panel reports the Govee Controller Status as FALSE, that is when I get data.  Then about 10sec later the status changes to TRUE and all the light devices change to OFF.

The Log is also just repeating RATE LIMIT EXCEEDED.  I read the document referenced above, but I am not a programmer and don't know what to do with the information.

Anyones assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by rjorr1972

In the plug-in configuration there are two settings - short poll and long poll.  Most likely it is the short poll that is too small of a value and causing the plug-in to make more calls to the API than Govee allows.

The short poll interval is in seconds.  So if set to 300 the API is queried every 5 minute.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2023 at 9:54 AM, bpwwer said:

In the plug-in configuration there are two settings - short poll and long poll.  Most likely it is the short poll that is too small of a value and causing the plug-in to make more calls to the API than Govee allows.

The short poll interval is in seconds.  So if set to 300 the API is queried every 5 minute.

Thank for the suggestion but changing the short poll interval has not changed anything in the error logging and the nodes dropping off the Polygon V3 server after about 20-30sec uptime.

As I am not a coder I hope someone who is may have time to look into this.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, tpolito said:

Within the Admin Console configuation, I have this screen.  Should I have a password here?

No password is needed. However, you shouldn't expose your User ID publicly. Block it out as I have done.

I also had problems with the Govee app. I set the short poll at 600 and the long poll at 900 and its worked great since.

Edited by dbuss
22 minutes ago, tpolito said:

@dbuss Thanks, totally missed that.  I'll have to trust you with it.  I removed the image from my post, but looks like it still shows up in your reply.  Mind doing me a solid and deleting your post?

I removed it from my reply.

Edited by dbuss
  • 2 weeks later...