First Alert ZCOMBO Alarm Question

dbuss
Go to solution Solved by dbuss,

The images below are screenshots of my AC for a First Alert ZCOMBO device. If you are using these alarms are these what you are seeing in your AC device tree and programming screen when trying to use the alarm in a program?

Thank you!

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

6 minutes ago, RPerrault said:

you might try the z-wave - synchronize - update with interview

but when i migrated to the eisy, i had to exclude/include all of them

I've had success doing this with other Z-Wave devices but no success with the First Alerts. I will continue with this approach. Thank you!

• Solution
On 12/11/2023 at 5:34 PM, saninberg said:

I could not get 1st gen zcombo units to display on Polisy or Eisy like they did on the ISY994.

Only the zcombo 2nd generation would display correctly.

I appreciate this information. Thank you!

I got the 2nd generation alarms to add and display correctly by putting them right next to the Eisy when adding them. The 1st generations would not add.

Edited by dbuss
  • 1 month later...

I just added my 3 today..they are about 5 years old, undoubtedly 1st generation (how can one tell?).  If I have the screens as shown in the initial post, can I find a way to make that work, or am I beating a dead horse here with these "antiquated devices?

Edited by glacier991
4 minutes ago, glacier991 said:

I just added my 3 today..they are about 5 years old, undoubtedly 1st generation (how can one tell?).

My generation 2 models have a QR code on the back and my generation 1 models do not have a QR code on the back.

19 minutes ago, glacier991 said:

I just added my 3 today..they are about 5 years old, undoubtedly 1st generation (how can one tell?).  If I have the screens as shown in the initial post, can I find a way to make that work, or am I beating a dead horse here with these "antiquated devices?

I was unable to get my Generation 1's to add correctly and UDI told me they would not add. The Generation 2's added correctly to my and my daughter's eisys.

20 minutes ago, glacier991 said:

So, what I am hearing is that Gen 1's and useful in their own right for what they do, but just not as  device integrated into eisy..is that correct?

As far as a smoke and CO2 detector, they are fine. They won't integrate with the eisy.