Aeotec TriSensor: no values

GHenry
Go to solution Solved by dbuss,

eisy f/w 5.7.1, Z-Wave module 21075, Z-Wave “beta version” (?)

I’m trying to install an Aeotec TriSensor which supports Z-Wave Plus.  Installation is straightforward except for security, but I do not see any values for light, temperature, or motion…I do have two new items, ZY 001 V1 Alarm and ZY 001 Wake Up, but no readings.  I know the devices work with ISY.  Any insight?

• Solution
38 minutes ago, GHenry said:

eisy f/w 5.7.1, Z-Wave module 21075, Z-Wave “beta version” (?)

I’m trying to install an Aeotec TriSensor which supports Z-Wave Plus.  Installation is straightforward except for security, but I do not see any values for light, temperature, or motion…I do have two new items, ZY 001 V1 Alarm and ZY 001 Wake Up, but no readings.  I know the devices work with ISY.  Any insight?

For what it's worth.

I've experience this with a few Z-Wave devices and currently with my First Alert ZCOMBO alarms. The other devices that experienced this I was able to get all the nodes by removing and re-adding and in some cases preforming several interviews. Thus far I've been unsuccessful doing this with my First Alert alarms.

I read somewhere that eisy didn’t support S2 authentication.  Anyway, when presented with the security dialog, I had to “select none,” and that caused SEVEN devices to appear:  Home Security Alarm, Motion Sensor, Motion Sensor (again!), Multilevel Sensor, Wake Up, SC Basic Assoc 2, and SC Basic Assoc 3.  All I wanted was the lux reading, and that’s only in “Multilevel Sensor.”

Good grief!  What are all those things?  Can I just delete SIX of them?!

Edited by GHenry
8 minutes ago, GHenry said:

I read somewhere that eisy didn’t support S2 authentication.  Anyway, when presented with the security dialog, I had to “select none,” and that caused SEVEN devices to appear:  Home Security Alarm, Motion Sensor, Motion Sensor (again!), Multilevel Sensor, Wake Up, SC Basic Assoc 2, and SC Basic Assoc 3.  All I wanted was the lux reading, and that’s only in “Multilevel Sensor.”

Good grief!  What are all those things?  Can I just delete SIX of them?!

if you delete them, they will most likely return. Most have a file named unused nodes and put them all in there. That way they are out of site...out of mind.