change lock code on schlage connect

domotinc-customs

• 1 month later...

I lost the ability to set or change user codes when I migrated from my ISY to EISY and assumed the EISY functionality was not there.  I see in the comment above the mention of a users button.  All I have are a series of fields to "Set Configuration" allowing me to chose a parameter number and set a byte value with a 4 byte maximum limitation.  This lock is included in a number of programs and was difficult to link to my ISY initially requiring me to physically set the lock next to the ISY to register it.  That has prevented me from removing and re-adding the device.  Is my lack of the "users" button a side effect of migration?  Will dropping the device and then adding it as new solve this problem?

1 hour ago, GGoelkel said:

I lost the ability to set or change user codes when I migrated from my ISY to EISY and assumed the EISY functionality was not there.  I see in the comment above the mention of a users button.  All I have are a series of fields to "Set Configuration" allowing me to chose a parameter number and set a byte value with a 4 byte maximum limitation.  This lock is included in a number of programs and was difficult to link to my ISY initially requiring me to physically set the lock next to the ISY to register it.  That has prevented me from removing and re-adding the device.  Is my lack of the "users" button a side effect of migration?  Will dropping the device and then adding it as new solve this problem?

When you migrate, you switch from 300 or 500 series, which doesn't use security communications to likely newer z-wave that uses S0 (I think). I'd remove it and add it again - you will need to enter DSK code to finish pairing.  You might not need to move it near eisy as newer z-wave modules have much better range.