plugin works...im an idiot...

EWhite
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

the plugin is finding my ratgdo's, it listed them in AC

But all the states are unknown and false:

image.thumb.png.bd4961523d9f57a1d1072b7d7220d73c.png

Also.. when i tried to close or open door, it added the ratgdons client id to the front of the MQTT request.

image.thumb.png.e95c154df6da95d54eac7011786107f5.png

I also have motion as i am using craftsman/chamberlain openers...but that not a big deal by any means...

Edited by EWhite
27 minutes ago, EWhite said:

nevermind....i got it.. i just added the ratgdons\ to the front of what i already had...it didnt like it. 

i think it is coming around now

Excellent. 

As far as motion, I don't see anything in the ratgdo MQTT documentation that references motion, nor do I see anything in the discovery messages from the ratgdo device that indicates a separate motion sensor. There is a binary_sensor of class "motion" for the occupancy sensors, and those should be working. Let me know if you are seeing something different.

ok...obstruction and lockout show as unknown, if i hit the lock button, it shows an obstruction, if i hit unlock it shows unknown again.

lockout never changes.

light works, door state works and online works as they should.

i know this is a work in progress, so im trying to not sound like im busting your balls.. hehe

im patient, just letting you know what is gong on in my house.

• Thanks 1

I see the lockout status problem - will be fixed in next release.

So what does motion change to? Does it change to undetected after a certain amount of time? Or does it just send "detected" messages when motion is detected. Note, one way to test would be to close MQTT Explorer and then reopen it and see if "motion = detected" is no longer under status (indicating that motion is not a retained state).

Edited by Goose66

@Goose66 worked as expected.  It wasn't clear, that the IoX Eisy has MQTT installed by default.  I almost installed the MTQQ in the store that king released.  I did some more reading and found a thread stating it was part the base software.  So it might be worth adding that note in the document, that MQTT is already there. 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

Just finished final configuration.  I made a mistake on the first attempt as I renamed the ratgdo device to ratgdo-east door" and it would not show "online" in AC.  Changed the name to "ratgdoE" and now in AC I have separate nodes for the door function and light.  Both work perfectly and  I put the  door node in my garage door programs in place of MyQ.  By the way, the motion sensor for my liftmaster is at the keypad, so I don't need to have it as a separate node.

Many thanks for constructing the plugin so quickly.  Will continue to test and would be happy to contribute $ for your effort (MyQ was not your fault).

The ratgdo device firmware definitely has some problems -  not making the configured device name have to be a valid MQTT topic is just one of them. Another one is the retention settings for the state messages. Hopefully, when he can catch up with deliveries, he will circle back to the firmware.

Agree about the firmware.  If you check out his git you can see them & he does seem to be knocking them off so I feel good he’ll get there. I still have the on off issue where status is good but control doesn’t always work. Motion is just a detected & never goes to clear status. When you trigger the light by walking in front of the motion, the light status gets reversed in mqtt.  Great base product & he is active in the issues area so I think he will get there. 

It’s fortuitous you mentioned that. If you go from the documentation to the Github project using the link on the page (https://github.com/PaulWieland/ratgdo), you get to a project with no issues or discussions. So I was thinking there wasn’t a lot of movement on the firmware. However, after reading your post I did a Google search for “MQTT” and “ratgdo” and found the GitHub project you are referring to. I will get some of my issues posted.

59 minutes ago, 4481hoods said:

Any updates we should know about? 

As to firmware or plugin?

As far as the plugin is concerned, I want to change the discovery process to pickup the configured MQTT topics for the device(s) so that folks can have it work with IoX and Home Assistant at the same time. I’m am waiting to see if any firmware changes or issues crop up to include in the next release.