A way for ISY to monitor house alarm status (not ELK)

mitch236

Is there a module that I can install to monitor whether my house alarm system armed away, armed home or unarmed? For security reasons, I am avoiding installing an ELK system (plus I already have a very nice system). I'm thinking some sort of low voltage sensor?

Couple of possible options. If your system can put out an x10 code you can use that, or your system may have some dry contacts usable to communicate to the outside which can be programmed to various alarm conditions. Some systems have the dry contacts as a plug-in option.

On my home system I use the x10 as my x10 environment is very solid.

(used to own an alarm company)

For security reasons, I am avoiding installing an ELK system

This piqued my interest. Would you mind elaborating on this?

Is this because of your specific needs or an issue with Elk systems in general?

On my side I use a mix of dry contacts and X-10 from the alarm system.

Dry contacts for the system states (Away, Stay, Disarm). Those are connected to EZIO6I. Not perfect, since there is a bug with the query of EZIO6I, but On to Off and Off to On are reported properly for me. (thanks to the Universal Devices' team)

X-10 for doors and windows. I did not enable X-10 for motion sensor since it generates too much traffic from the alarm system.

This enables many possibilities. If I open the patio door after the sunset with the alarm set off, the patio light will come On.

RLav

For security reasons, I am avoiding installing an ELK system

This piqued my interest. Would you mind elaborating on this?

Is this because of your specific needs or an issue with Elk systems in general?

The only reason I would have to change my system to ELK would be to have iPhone/internet access. When you put your security system on line it exposes you. Some things are better left an island.

Is there a module that I can install to monitor whether my house alarm system armed away, armed home or unarmed? For security reasons, I am avoiding installing an ELK system (plus I already have a very nice system). I'm thinking some sort of low voltage sensor?

What system do you have?

I have a DSC system working well here.

Archived