Programming new Insteon remote with admin console (already manually programmed)

ctviggen1

I have an EISY an just got an Insteon remote (4 button).  I manually programmed the remote to control 4 different switches, then realized that the EISY does not get updated when I use the remote. 

I successfully linked the remote to the EISY, but I have no idea how to program it.  I can see the four buttons in the admin console.

Should I reset the controller before programming with EISY?

Do I set up a scene for each button, attach the button to the scene (as a controller) and then attach a light to scene?  If so, I drug a light to the scene, and instead of the light, I get a "notification controller" (see below).  Is that what I should see?

image.png.6de05f111ef6936a1e1c8c9d52702abc.png

If your remote is the 4 scene model then you shoiuld create a scene, add the device you want to control into the scene as a controller, then add button A of the remote into the scene as a controller. 

You'll need to create new scenes for each of the other 3 remote buttons following the steps above.

I cannot do this.  I'm trying to grab a light that is 50 places or so in the menu above the new scene, and move it to the new scene.  I cannot get all the way to the scene before I accidentally grab something else and try to add the wrong thing to the scene.

Is there a way in the scene to select a device? 

This is what it looks like, but nothing is available in "device":

image.thumb.png.e2867e0b61882b0a5c5493e41b120316.png