Wireless tag issues in PG3

Go to solution Solved by glacier991,

I recently retired my old ISY after screwing up the Z wave dongle use.

I am doing a fresh install with no migration.

I used to handle my Wireless tags via a node server I built on a Raspberry pi (back in 2018) with good results.

Now with with the PG3 plug in I am starting over.

I went to the PG3 "store" and signed up for the wireless tag node server. I wasn't sure what to do since I had been using CAO's info on my old homebrew nodeserver, so I signed up for a 30 day trial.

Everything went okay and the wireless tag node server shows up in PG3.

None of my tags show up. I have made sure I set to monitor them, rebooted everything, uninstalled/ reinstalled the node server but get only two nodes..none of the tags.

I went back and reread old strings from 2021 and 2022, but they did not shed any light on my issue under PG3.

Anyone have a similar problem? Any obvious solutions?

Thanks. Don't mean to be beating a dead horse here.

Edited by glacier991
  • Solution

Well...color me surprised. I (again) rebooted my eisy and this time all the missing tags were there.

Problem solved. I think there may be an order of reboot question, but whatever, it works!

Edited by glacier991

@glacier991

Off topic, but I usually am...

I, and a few others on this board, gave up on the Wireless tags as I found them unreliable.  I had to go take out and put in the batteries one too many times as they lost connectivity with the hub.  If that's not happened with yours, that's great.

I changed to Yolink sensors and they have worked flawlessly with a much better battery life.

Just my 2 cents,

Ross

Edited by Ross
  • Like 4

@glacier991 If you mean the Plugin - it works great. 

Sign up for an account at Yolink.  Enter the UAID and Secret Key into the Plugin (node server) configuration and it automatically finds all the devices associated with your account.  They also have a nice app.

Ross