Sidekick Cellular Modem backup for IP issue?

When I disarmed the security system this morning, I could see something was not right.  I have an 8 button insteon keypad by the alarm panel and the Hot Water recirculating pump button did not light up.  I turn the pump off when security is armed away and security stay.   Disarming the alarm should have turned it on.  On rare occasions the Insteon message would get lost, but I had created the program with automatic resends to the keypad about 15 seconds apart.  Also created a program that looks at status every 30 minutes as a fail-safe.

Walked to counter and picked up my phone to see texts that devices can't communicate to cloud (Flume, Ring, and Envisalink among them). Turns out the cable modem lost connection last night.  I rebooted it and saw texts for things being back online and confirmed it was good. 

With that fixed, I looked at the Hot Water Pump issue.  First thing I looked at was the Envisalink node server which was showing online for about 17 minutes which is about the time since I left the equipment rack from restarting cable modem.  Could it be that even though the Envisalink device is local control that if the sidekick cellular backup is invoked that the Envisalink will stop communicating locally via wired IP?

I'll likely enter an issue with them but wanted to seek any knowledge and advice from other users using same tech as me.

It could be an IP issue. If I'm reading this correctly, the NS restarted which might cause the isy device to ask for new IP info, it finds the new path and goes online.

How would the envisalink device know to do that? It was left on and it's previous IP path was pulled out from under it, maybe? Can you access it to see what it thinks its host configuration info is? IP, DNS, subnet mask,etc? 

I think this will have a lot to do with the router and how failover is managed. Have done simulated failover with this setup?

Edited by paulbates