Constant Subscription Settings Notification on UD Mobile

LFMc
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

I upgraded my Android phone to a new phone and with that I got new updated apps, including UD Mobile. It was version 1.1.45. Right away I started getting these Subscription Settings notifications multiple times a day.  I understand what the setting does, but I can't find a way to stop them. (minor inconvenience I know, lol).  So I updated my UD Mobile app a few weeks later to 1.1.51 and there has been no relief.  

My time out is set to 120 (minutes I assume) and I tried changing it to a higher number, but no noticeable change in the notifications. 

Am I missing something? Other than that, I love the UD app.  Thanks for the support and upgrades on it. 

• Solution

Without seeing the Notification Content I'm only guessing, but I think this is the keep alive setting. Older versions of Android required a persistent (non-swipeable) notification whenever an app was running in the background. Then there are a few versions which required the notification but allowed users to swipe it away. The newest versions of Android show this in another setting (bottom of expanded settings in Running Apps).

The default was "1" or "2", so the Notification should disappear 1 or 2 minutes after closing the app.  The setting is intended for only a few minutes,  none ("0"), or negative (infinite).  The issue with none ("0") is switching between apps will kill the connection, so on return there could delays while UDM refreshes values.

If you are on a good internet connection and have a  small/med system you may not notice any difference between 0 or a few minutes.  If you are on a poor connection, have a large system, or have multiple systems connected to UDM then refresh may take a few dozen seconds.

Android OS also allows users to hide these persistent notifications in Android settings if you truly want the app to run in the background and not see the notification. If I remember correctly long pressing the notification will show which types of UDM notification channels to hide.

It is also possible that some versions of android do not remove the notification after closing. If this is true, it has not been reported.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Javi said:

Android OS also allows users to hide these persistent notifications in Android settings if you truly want the app to run in the background and not see the notification. If I remember correctly long pressing the notification will show which types of UDM notification channels to hide.

This^ is what I was looking for.  My old phone stopped upgrading at android 10, so I could do a partial swipe to go to notification settings. New phone is Android 13 and I wasn't aware of the long button press. So doing that I was able to limit the notifications for subscription settings. Thanks for the quick feed back. 

• Like 1