Any way to change "unchangeable" EISY ports?

lhranch
Go to solution Solved by lhranch,

When I had the ISY, I could set the network port preferences as I wished.

Now with the new ISY, the ports are baked in and grayed out. Unfortunately, the port chosen by the developers for secure control communication -- 8443 -- is already assigned to the CalDAV protocol, which I also serve inside my LAN. That means that when my router sees CalDAV or EISY traffic arriving from outside our LAN, it has no way of telling to which of two different devices to forward it.

Is there any way around the "locked" ports that would allow me to choose the old port I used to use, that worked?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well, I have no response to this. My machine clearly doesn't have this file, I'm not imagining it. Perhaps you have some add-on that I don't -- mine is straight factory configuration.

image.jpeg.dc307137a05d9df3107268b54273ad0b.jpeg

23 minutes ago, lhranch said:

OK, well, I have no response to this. My machine clearly doesn't have this file, I'm not imagining it. Perhaps you have some add-on that I don't -- mine is straight factory configuration.

image.jpeg.dc307137a05d9df3107268b54273ad0b.jpeg

So is mine, I used sudo

36 minutes ago, jec6613 said:

So is mine, I used sudo

So did I, you will notice I am operating from root. I also tried precisely the syntax you used from admin, but it didn't change my results.

46 minutes ago, paulbates said:

I would submit a ticket as this is something other users haven't run in to. I have to believe UDI will help you navigate this.

I opened one last night. UDI seems less than eager to accommodate. 

"...this is not "seemingly arbitrary restriction". This was done in order to reduce our support issues."

• Solution

The tech at UD identified the relevant file as /var/isy/FILES/CONF/0.UCF . It's binary, so changing it isn't trivial, but it's a very short file and it's doable. I have my secure eisy port set to the value I want now. Thanks, all.

Dunno what to tell you. I posted the entire contents of that directory in transaction 3. It's there for anybody to see. Again, maybe it has something to do with me not using the portal services, I really don't know.

Edited by lhranch