Android App - add 'favorite' to the home screen?

Hi,

Is there a way to add a widget to the android home screen?  I have the outside lights as a favorite in my UDI app.  It would be great to have a link on my phone 'desktop' to toggle on & off?  

It is full featured app & it might have that already but any help would be great.

Thanks,

Rich

On 2/7/2024 at 1:06 PM, RichTJ99 said:

Hi,

Is there a way to add a widget to the android home screen?  I have the outside lights as a favorite in my UDI app.  It would be great to have a link on my phone 'desktop' to toggle on & off?  

It is full featured app & it might have that already but any help would be great.

Thanks,

Rich

Currently Android has a Favorites Shortcut which can be placed on the Home Screen. iOS has a preference to open to Favorites Screen.

As for widgets, they only allow limited updates, the amount of updates is determined by OS, but If I remember correctly it was about 50 per day (2 per hour).  So while widgets may work well for some things that don't change frequently, like weather forecasts, it will likely lead to support issues for most other devices as Status will be out of sync for some users.    This will lead to widgets with incorrect status values.

With that said, direct commands shortcuts are on our list but not yet implemented.  This would allow trigger of a program which checks status for toggle, which does not require that UD Mobile knows status.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:54 AM, Javi said:

Currently Android has a Favorites Shortcut which can be placed on the Home Screen. iOS has a preference to open to Favorites Screen.

Hi - when you say saving it on the home screen - do you mean the home screen of the android 'desktop'?  If so i am not sure how to save it to my desktop on android?  That would work for me.

Currently I have to open the app, click favorites, then scroll to the bottom of my scene.

I have a fairly large and noisy system so i tend to hit the off/fast off multiple times to get it to communicate (i understand thats a different issue) but having a quick way to send multiple off's (or on's) would be great.  

The old Mobilinc Pro app which I bought but can no longer get activated, has/had a widget icon for android which worked great.  

Thanks,

Rich

1 hour ago, RichTJ99 said:

Hi - when you say saving it on the home screen - do you mean the home screen of the android 'desktop'?  If so i am not sure how to save it to my desktop on android?  That would work for me.

Long press the App Icon on the Home Screen which will show shortcuts.  Then long press "Favorites" and drag to home screen.

1 hour ago, RichTJ99 said:

I have a fairly large and noisy system so i tend to hit the off/fast off multiple times to get it to communicate (i understand thats a different issue) but having a quick way to send multiple off's (or on's) would be great.  

This should not be necessary, but could be caused by multiple issues.  If this also happens in Admin Console then likely interference from power line noise.