I/O Devices for Insteon

user181

Are there high density I/O devices similar to the EZIO8SA? This product has been on my wish list for a while, but I waited too long and now it’s discontinued. So, I’m looking for something comparable which would be more elegant than a silly amount of I/O Lincs to get enough input & output channels.

I've been using CAi web control (a little old, $35)  on my ISY 994 and then on Polisy.  Can control and get results using network resouces or download nodelink ( need a PI ) and get the node for this device.  No PG3 node for this device. 

• 8 digital inputs
  • 8 digital outputs
  • 3 andlog input
  • 8 optional DS18B20 digital temp, 1 optional humidity sensors
  • built-in I2C and SPI support, up to 1000 line PLC program
  • Like 1

I've been using CAi web control (a little old, $35)  on my ISY 994 and then on Polisy.  Can control and get results using network resouces or download nodelink ( need a PI ) and get the node for this device.  No PG3 node for this device. 
  • 8 digital inputs
  • 8 digital outputs
  • 3 andlog input
  • 8 optional DS18B20 digital temp, 1 optional humidity sensors
  • built-in I2C and SPI support, up to 1000 line PLC program

Thanks, Eric. That looks like a great solution.

Does the CAI WebControl require the add-on networking module in the ISY994? That is another thing I missed the boat on, and didn’t discover until it was too late that you can no longer purchase add-on modules for the 994.

If you us nodelink no (but you need the pi to load nodelink and the CAI node and a ISY portal account) .   If you us network resources yes. 

Time to upgrade you system ?   That will give you the network resouces, but you will still need  the PI to run nodelink to get the CAI node, no PG3 node for CAI devices.  I updated two years ago to a polisy,  PG2/3 was very unstable on the PI.  Nodelink is still running on the PI and never have a problem with it.