Problem with scenes & UD Mobile

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

I noticed that when I turn a device, that's a controller in a scene, on or off not all of the devices in that scene respond accordingly.

If I turn the device on or off from the admin console all the devices in the scene properly respond. 

Sending a command to a Device (not scene) from UD Mobile or Admin Console only affects the device.  If a scene is being triggered then something else is causing this to happen.

Scenes in UD Mobile have the added percentage capability which may not work with all devices, specifically keypad links and battery operated devices. The ON and OFF button should work the same as Admin Console.  See wiki for adjusting Scenes for percentage commands.

@Javi

In a scene I have a lampllnc dimmer (controller) and a KPL button. If I turn off the dimmer from ud mobile the KPL button, and the scene, don't turn off, but if I turn off the dimmer from the admin console then the KPL button, and the scene, turn off.

Shouldn't ud mobile turn off the scene, including the kpl button, if a device (controller) in the scene is turned off?

• Solution
1 hour ago, Techman said:

@Javi

In a scene I have a lampllnc dimmer (controller) and a KPL button. If I turn off the dimmer from ud mobile the KPL button, and the scene, don't turn off

In short this is an insteon limitation with non-load bearing KPL Buttons. See Known issues: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/UD_Mobile#Scene_Estimated_Status . I updated Known Issues, but this issue has been discussed at length in the forum, so a search may shed light on some more detail.

if I turn off the dimmer from the admin console then the KPL button, and the scene, turn off.

Not Possible, the only way this would happen is if you turn the Scene off/on not the Dimming Device...the scene cannot be dimmed to a percentage from the admin console.  Even if using the "DIM" button a non-load bearing KPL Button will not turn off.

Shouldn't ud mobile turn off the scene, including the kpl button, if a device (controller) in the scene is turned off?

It has always been possible to control a physical device outside of a scene. For example KPL buttons and fanlink commands (low,med.high,off), would be close to impossible.