Post update to PG3x v3.2.20, must add nodes manually

Hey, it looks like there hasn't been much activity here in a while so I hope this hasn't been abandoned.

Following the PG3x upgrade to v3.2.30, I ran into an issue getting the nodes discovered.

There's a whole chronology of the saga I wrote up here:

But what this all came down to is: after this upgrade I had to manually add each node for it to be recognized.

Is this a familiar scenario to anyone else?  Not just this version upgrade, but has anyone had it in the past?

B

The auto-discovery is done using a network broadcast and waiting for the devices to respond.  How well it works is dependent on how your network/router is set up.  

I have one room set up with MagicHome bulbs so I have a vested interest in making sure the node server/plugin works.  However, I don't upgrade my Polisy/PG3 unless I think the upgrade will fix something.  If it's not broken, I tend to leave it alone.   Thus, I'm not running the latest version of PG3 so I don't know if that broke something.

52 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

The auto-discovery is done using a network broadcast and waiting for the devices to respond.  How well it works is dependent on how your network/router is set up.  

I have one room set up with MagicHome bulbs so I have a vested interest in making sure the node server/plugin works.  However, I don't upgrade my Polisy/PG3 unless I think the upgrade will fix something.  If it's not broken, I tend to leave it alone.   Thus, I'm not running the latest version of PG3 so I don't know if that broke something.

I have a fairly vanilla network setup, running a pfSense gateway and Unifi APs.

What should I be looking for that would interfere with auto-discovery?

21 hours ago, MWoods329 said:

I have a fairly vanilla network setup, running a pfSense gateway and Unifi APs.

What should I be looking for that would interfere with auto-discovery?

Anything that blocks network broadcasts.  I don't know anything about pfSense or Unifi 

I don't really know a lot about this subject but pfSense is an open source firewall and is most likely to be filtering out the broadcast. most gateways don't allow 255.255.255.255 broadcast for security reasons. i would start looking there.