Updating iTach-IR Node Server to 2023.1.9

Go to solution Solved by CNelson03,

I'm starting to work with the iTach-IR Node Server again (after not using it for the last year) and am getting some inconsistent operation -- sometimes a Global Cache code is passed successfully and works, sometimes an "Unknown Error (see Logs)" appears (and don't see much explanation in the node server log).

I noticed I am on version 2023.01.09 [Beta]  and it says there is a new 2023.1.9 version.  Not sure if the update will solve the problem, but clicking the "Update" button (on two different pages) does not seem to update the Node Server.  How do I force the update?

The preceding zeros in 2023.01.09 were causing issues with PG3 so they were removed. While I don't think the version is the cause of "Unknown Error" I think you can fix this by selecting the Plugin from the Non-Production Store (Beta), clicking install under "purchase in "Available Purchase/Install Options".  Then next to "iTach-IR 2023.1.9 is already installed in slot X" select "reinstall here".

For the "Unknown Error (see Logs)" there should be a few logs in the iTach Node Server.  The error is likely prefixed with "ERROR : ".  Download the iTach Log after and error is encountered then attache here for review.  If this happens with the same commands then it it likely invalid formatting.  If this happens randomly then it is likely a network issue, is this a WiFi iTach or hardwired?

When I press the described "Update" button under "Purchase" and "Available purchase/install options", nothing happens (no dropdown or action other than the button going inverse to show I clicked it.  I tried this button when accessing it via menus: "Plugins Store" and "Purchases" as well as under the "Dashboard > iTach-IR(1) screen > Update button" -- always the same result, just an empty click.

It says I'm on PG3x Version 3.2.20 and IoX version 5.8.0.  Ideas?

Your corrected database worked, I was now able to upgrade the iTach-IR server.   However, it still shows as "Beta" but the version is 2023.1.9 (without zeros)

image.jpeg.194cee9e424599c96a16740a70d59928.jpeg

Per the sending of Global Cache commands with some erroring out, it's a wired (not wireless) IP2IR, and I tried connecting to it via a web browser and it was very sluggish.  A power off/on reboot seems to have fixed that, at least for now, and I am able to send IR commands through the UD Node Server to the target devices.

21 minutes ago, CNelson03 said:

Your corrected database worked, I was now able to upgrade the iTach-IR server.   However, it still shows as "Beta" but the version is 2023.1.9 (without zeros)

image.jpeg.194cee9e424599c96a16740a70d59928.jpeg

Per the sending of Global Cache commands with some erroring out, it's a wired (not wireless) IP2IR, and I tried connecting to it via a web browser and it was very sluggish.  A power off/on reboot seems to have fixed that, at least for now, and I am able to send IR commands through the UD Node Server to the target devices.

Great!  The "Beta" is because it was installed from the "Non-Production" Store.  I think you would need to copy the parameters then delete the Beta Version, then install the Production version in the same slot and replace parameters.  I think if done like this it will preserve programs, but have not tried.

• Solution

I tried the solution above (uninstall existing 'beta' version and reinstall from production store in the same slot).  Overall, it worked (now on 2023.1.9 [Production]), although I had a bit of weird behavior (one parameter (device) not populating with their IR 'buttons' but 'borrowing' from other parameters).  But I've seen this before and usually re-pasting, re-starting the IoX and UD Admin screen a few times gets everything in sync.  Thanks.

• Like 1