Zwave interview still running 90 minutes later

I'm trying to "Update with Interview" an Aeotec Smart Switch 7 and have been getting "Waiting on interview complete" for over 90 mins since starting it. Attached is event viewer sample from 15 mins ago (process is still going on).

The device has been hard to include - this is the 5th or 6th include. Either not all nodes get added, or the process fails with the green ">>>" symbol next to device, which "Write Updates" does not fix.

I suspect hardware issue as I have had this and other SS7s include/work fine before.

My question is how do I stop the interview process? The advanced "Stop adding or removing a Zwave device" doesn't work. I tried right clicking and doing "Remove failed node" but it fails to do that saying it's busy communicating with the device.

Help!

InterviewSuperLong.txt

yes, I ended up rebooting and did yet another factory reset of the SS7. One thing I've found is that the SS7 do not exclude easily. Even Aeotec support said one often needs to "spam" the device by clicking it continuously during exclude process. I think that worked once for me, and this has been the case with two of them (not just one). So I've largely given up on exclude process for it and have been doing factory resets of it each time.

I wonder, however, if I've been doing things wrong by doing a "Delete" of the device instead of a "Remove Failed Node". After I did the reboot and reopened the AC, I saw some previously deleted SS7 nodes had returned in the GUI. While the SS7 had been factory reset, maybe the Zwave dongle saw it as one of the previous nodes but not to the extent that reassigned/used that node.

I've removed the remnants of failed nodes that showed up in AC (using "Remove Failed Node") and did a "Heal Network". I noticed it "healed" some devices that don't exist in AC and would have been numbers assigned to the SS7 (i.e. new node numbers). I restarted AC but those nodes still didn't show up in the AC even though the event viewer does report them as "healed". See attached screenshot -> In it the devices are sorted in reverse order, i.e. oldest nodes first, and you can see there's no sign of nodes 175, 176, 177 that were reported as "healed" in the event viewer.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 171116.png