Geofence reports being entered with the UD app is not installed yet

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

I set up Geofencing on my iPhone a couple weeks ago and it works reliably so far. I used Occupancy v2.0 Node Server and followed the instructions found at https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Geofencing

It took me a few tries to realize that the Enter command cannot be a program. May I suggest the doc on wiki make it clear what it could/needs to be? So what I did was have the Enter command change a state variable to 1, and the Exit command change the same state variable to 0. Then I wrote the two simple programs below for my wife and myself.

For me it's worked fine so far but for my wife the "enter" program has triggered 4 times in past 4 days even though UD Mobile is not yet installed on her iPhone.

image.png.4cd139a0e2b8b082ac4be2420607b534.png

For what it's worth there have been no Exit events, no eISY restarts, and no LAN/internet outage that anyone noticed.

Before I start counting on this for locking/unlocking doors, turning off/on lights, and setting/disabling alarms, etc., what could be happening? Will a loss of communication with the UD mothership cause the "enter" program to run? Do I need to check that I have network connectivity before I do anything with a change in the node's state?

Any info would be appreciated.

Lauren Enters Geofence - [ID 04A5][Parent 01E4]

If
        'Home / Lauren' Occupied is True
    And $sHomeStatus.Lauren is 0

Then
        Send Notification to 'me' content 'Generic Main Log'
        Wait  5 seconds
        $sHomeStatus.Lauren Init To 1
        $sHomeStatus.Lauren  = 1

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Lauren Exists Geofence - [ID 04A6][Parent 01E4]

If
        'Home / Lauren' Occupied is False
    And $sHomeStatus.Lauren is 1

Then
        Wait  5 seconds
        $sHomeStatus.Lauren Init To 0
        $sHomeStatus.Lauren  = 0

Else

• Solution
17 hours ago, johnnyt said:

It took me a few tries to realize that the Enter command cannot be a program. May I suggest the doc on wiki make it clear what it could/needs to be?

It can be a program, but be sure the "Command" is executing the correct command. Commands are Run IF, Run Then, Run Else, and Enable (Enable enables or disables a program, it does not run the program).

However if using the occupancy Node Server UD Mobile should update the node see https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Occupancy_v2.0_Node_Server

17 hours ago, johnnyt said:

For me it's worked fine so far but for my wife the "enter" program has triggered 4 times in past 4 days even though UD Mobile is not yet installed on her iPhone.

Likely a programing issue. I would remove all variables and use the Occupancy Node as the trigger, see link above.

ok, I was clearly looking in wrong place when I tried to use a program initially because I only saw two options. When I look now I see all the normal options.

So I will remove use of the variable now that I can call a program directly.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

ok I change to the program logic (see below), with no variable in the condition - only the node state (True vs False) and each person having its own node and program but BOTH programs run every time I leave or come back. 

I've tried starting over 3 times now, i.e. delete both Geofences in UDM, resynchronize UDM, recreate separate Geofences, re-add command, i.e. "run then" for each command separately/respectively for each Geofence node.

What am I doing wrong or not understanding?

LT Enters Geofence - [ID 04A5][Parent 01E4]

If
        'Home / LT' Occupied is True

Then
        Wait  5 seconds
        $sHomeStatus.Lauren Init To 1
        $sHomeStatus.Lauren  = 1

Else

JT Enters Geofence - [ID 0499][Parent 01E4]

If
        'Home / JT' Occupied is True

Then
        Wait  5 seconds
        $sHomeStatus.Jean Init To 1
        $sHomeStatus.Jean  = 1

Else

image.thumb.png.7e5ffb9202d7a03d69af8c2d6ac91e95.png

IMG_6285.thumb.PNG.df956a05fb489d3b7486977647ce2aac.PNG

IMG_6286.thumb.PNG.5b06ecd6e593302d4dc06d00a69a5b12.PNG

image.png

Edited by johnnyt