Slow Blinking Lights?

johnmsch

I have 5 PAR38 halogen floodlights spread out over my back yard, controlled by a Rev 4.2 2466DW that goes on an sunset, off at sunrise.  Just noticed last week that 3 of the lights were out.  Since the big box stores no longer carry those bulbs, I went with Ecosmart PAR38 dimmable LEDs. 

Yesterday, I was outside when the lights came on and they just blink, on for a second, off for a second on for second, etc...  Thinking it was these new bulbs, I found the old-style halogen bulbs and ordered them online.  Just got them and replaced all 5, but its doing the same on, off, on...

Any ideas what is going on here?

It's most likely an issue with the ToggleLinc dimmer, which I believe has been discontinued. You can try doing a factory reset / restore device on the switch. If that doesn't work then you'll have to replace it with a 2477D paddle switch

• Like 1

Since the old style halogen bulbs flash. It maybe the module starting to fail.

Some brand LED bulbs do flash on dimmer style modules and sometimes you had to choose different models to find some that would work.

You may want to see that the connections to the module are good and solid. A power cycle may give you some information or a factory reset and reload the information to the module.

Edited by Brian H

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, just got back from a trip and went through the troubleshooting:

• Shut off the breaker to kill the power
  • Waited about 10 minutes, turned breaker on
  • Looking at the switch, I could see a faint/slow blink in the set button, once per second
  • Tried the factory reset (pull out set button, wait 10 seconds, pushed the set button in and held it, but never got the long beeping sound)
  • Waited a little while and release the set button (Just in case...)
  • Still no sound at all and the switch still has that faint/slow blink
  • Turned the switch on and off a few times, nothing happens

I guess its time to order a new 2477D.

Thank you all for the info!

Edited by johnmsch

Yep, ordering one now.
Had quite a scare last night.  Went to try the Power down & factory reset one more time but the module was so hot I couldn't even touch it for a second!  Had to power down the circuit, let it sit for an hour, then remove the switch.  Yikes!!!