Hello. I have an ISY 994i and the Insteon Siren. I am using Admin Console v.5.3.4. I am trying to get the siren to chime when my door opens. I can get the siren and beep to go but I cant figure out how to get the Chime to go. The product says it support Chime. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I do it by putting the devices in a scene including the siren module. In the scene, set the siren module to chime. It will respond faster in a scene as well, and no programs needed

Screenshot2024-04-30at9_56_23PM.thumb.png.76815d813cacf87d69cd7c9c3f9051c5.png

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

On mine it had to be in a scene to set how it worked.

In the main drop down list. I found setting the chime sounding time was not working until it was done in a scene.

Edited by Brian H
Big goof. I use a Chime not siren.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MIem said:

Thanks. I did this and it certainly does not sound like a chime. Maybe my siren is broke.

You'll know if it's the siren... loud, continuous, penetrating high pitch... hard to take for very long.

Mine is set as siren for leak sensors and I have to go unplug it soon after it starts. 

Posted (edited)

Mine Chime  is also Very Loud and I left the factory sound limiting sticker over the sound output port.

Mine are also very early production and in my case. If I manually set anything with the side buttons. On a power interruption it powers back as Off.

Edited by Brian H
I have Chime not Siren being used.
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MIem said:

Thanks. I did this and it certainly does not sound like a chime. Maybe my siren is broke.

I believe the Siren and older Alert Modules. Where two of the module. The Old Smarthome Crew. Didn't supply any programming data to UDI. So it was reverse engineering for both modules and I am not 100% sure it was totally controlled but that is my opinion and not official.

I too am using the chime function not siren. It is really not a true Ding Dong for me. More like a cycle of high beeps and lower bops. Not what I would think being called a chime but Smarthme called it that!

Edited by Brian H
Using Chime not siren function, Add information