REST API on eisy

Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

I'm bringing up a new eisy to replace a faithful ISY994i.   In general, it's going ok so far, although not without a few hiccups  My head is spinning from sorting through so much info about the process.

I've searched for info about REST commands, but still have some questions:

(1) I use the REST API on the ISY for commands from other devices.  My ISY has a custom TLS certificate.  I saw somewhere that the eisy does not support custom TLS certificates.  Is this still the case?  I can work with the self-signed cert on the eisy.  But:  will the REST interface continue to be supported on eisy?  I remember seeing somewhere that this may not be the case.

(2)   I have a portal subscription.  It seems using the portal is the preferred method for remote access to avoid port forwarding.  I know about using the portal for access from UD Mobile, and for web access to admin functions on the ISY/eisy.  But I haven't been able to find documentation on using some of the other portal functions that are available in the menus on the portal web interface.  Certainly related to this: how do I use the portal to funnel REST API requests to my eisy?  A pointer to relevant documentation would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

--Mark

Thank you @paulbates -- that thread refreshed my memory about looking for the "URL to ISY" URL in the tools/ISY Information menu.  That gives me what I need for accessing the REST API via the portal.  I couldn't find any reference to this when searching myself.