Plugin stopping after reboot

Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

Im having the oddest issue with the Caseta plugin. - it works briefly after a restart of EISY, but then stops working after a couple of commands or minutes. - I did try to reinstall the plugin. - obviously that required a restart so it worked, but again only for a couple of minutes. There is an error message in the error log, but Im not savvy enough to interpret it. 

2024-06-17 09:49:16.083 Command udi_interface.interface ERROR interface:_handleInput: _parseInput: failed scene12.runCmd(DON)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026099_10/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 967, in _handleInput
self.nodes_internal[item['address']].runCmd(item)
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026099_10/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/udi_interface/node.py", line 178, in runCmd
fun(self, command)
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026099_10/nodes/base.py", line 40, in activate
asyncio.run(self.sb.activate_scene(address))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/runners.py", line 190, in run
return runner.run(main)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/runners.py", line 118, in run
return self._loop.run_until_complete(task)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py", line 654, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026099_10/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py", line 455, in activate_scene
await self._request(
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026099_10/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py", line 249, in _request
raise BridgeDisconnectedError()
pylutron_caseta.BridgeDisconnectedError

I'm not able to reproduce this on my system.

It looks like you may have upgraded the eisy recently, were you using this plug-in before upgrading and was it working fine prior to the upgrade?

The error is happening because the network connection between the plug-in and the smart bridge failed which is not something that should ever happen.

Hi, Yes you are correct. I actually posted this in the "Support thread for: PG3x v3.2.27 (June 11th, 2024)", as I believe that the issue started when I upgraded the Polygot to 3.2.27 (I'm 99% certain). - I also had issues with my NOAA plugin at that time, but they released an update quickly to fix it. 

• Solution

Ok, I updated my development system and tested the plug-in.  I did have to re-install and then re-pair with the bridge to get it working, but it's working fine now that I've done that.

Bob, firstly thank you very much for trying to find the error here.

I had reinstalled and re-paired on my previous attempt, but I figured if you got it to work, I should give it another try. So, I deleted the Caseta Plugin in Polygot, rebooted the Eisy, re-installed Caseta 1.0.9 (paid license version), configured the IP and re-paired the bridge and then did a final re-boot of Eisy just to be sure. - And it worked Initially...  I figured I should test thoroughly and watch the log, and I did. I sent activate commands to the different scenes I had set up for my blinds, and they tilted back and forth nicely for 10 minutes without any issues... So, I felt comfortable starting to work on rebuilding the programs I had built to control them based on the sun's azimuth. And then it failed. :-( 

The error log is a bit longer this time, so I've attached the zip file instead of pasting it here. 

I rebooted Eisy, and it works again... (20 minutes of testing and counting). I'm shutting down for today, but I will update tomorrow either way. - Thanks again for your efforts. 

Caseta_6-17-2024_54514_PM.zip

That looks like the same error.  It starts with a network error with the encryption protocol, which results in the plug-in being disconnected from the bridge. 

encryption errors like that are happening at a level in the software stack that the plug-in doesn't have direct access to so it's not a problem with the plug-in. 

What I may be able to do in the plug-in, is detect the disconnect and attempt to recover and reconnect instead of just stopping.  I'll look into that.  While I'm at it, I'll add support for the SerenaTiltOnlyWoodBlind that shows up as unsupported in your log.