Hue Bulb (Zigbee Connected), Not Able To Dim In Alexa

I moved a Hue Bulb over to the direct Zigbee connection with the EISY.  I am able to control all the functions in the EISY, including the brightness.  

I add the bulb to the Alexa Echo in the portal along with updating the Device Hint to 1.0.0.0 (dimmable bulb) but the Alexa App is only showing the bulb as on/off.  

In the past, when I Integrated the Hue bulbs using Polyglot, I updated the Device Hint to 1.0.0.0 and the dimming worked.  

Any ideas how to make a Zigbee Connected Hue Bulb dimmable with Alexa?

1 hour ago, kstev said:

I moved a Hue Bulb over to the direct Zigbee connection with the EISY.  I am able to control all the functions in the EISY, including the brightness.  

I add the bulb to the Alexa Echo in the portal along with updating the Device Hint to 1.0.0.0 (dimmable bulb) but the Alexa App is only showing the bulb as on/off.  

In the past, when I Integrated the Hue bulbs using Polyglot, I updated the Device Hint to 1.0.0.0 and the dimming worked.  

Any ideas how to make a Zigbee Connected Hue Bulb dimmable with Alexa?

Try 1.2.9.x or 0.0.x.x

1.0.0.0 would make it dimmable, but on a scale of 0-255, which is probably incorrect.

47 minutes ago, kstev said:

@bmercier, I removed the device from the Alexa app, updated the device hint to 1.2.9.0, and performed a discovery.  Still showing as a on/off light with no dimming capabilities.

I looked up your account. I see 2 hue devices, and the type that it picked up are both 1.0.0.0. So something went wront in the sequence.

Make sure to delete the spoken (or create a new one), set the hind to 1.2.9.x or 0.0.x.x, then add the spoken.

To verify that the hint is updated, and to troubleshoot further, I would need to see the result of /rest/nodes/<hue node address>

So, if on an eisy:  https://eisy.local:8443/rest/nodes/<node_address>

40 minutes ago, bmercier said:

I looked up your account. I see 2 hue devices, and the type that it picked up are both 1.0.0.0. So something went wront in the sequence.

Make sure to delete the spoken (or create a new one), set the hind to 1.2.9.x or 0.0.x.x, then add the spoken.

To verify that the hint is updated, and to troubleshoot further, I would need to see the result of /rest/nodes/<hue node address>

So, if on an eisy:  https://eisy.local:8443/rest/nodes/<node_address>

I followed your instructions.  I deleted the spoken word (in the portal and in the Alexa app), I attempted to set the hint but it was already set to 1.2.9.0.  I then added the spoken word back in the portal and then performed a device discovery.  Still showing as on/off in Alexa app.  

Here is the node info, the hint is showing the expected 1.2.9.0 value:

<nodeInfo>
<script/>
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="ZB27726_011_1">
<address>ZB27726_011_1</address>
<name>Living Room Lamp - Local</name>
<family>14</family>
<hint>1.2.9.0</hint>
<parent type="3">24684</parent>
<type>255.1.255.255</type>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
<wattage>0</wattage>
<dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
<startDelay>0</startDelay>
<endDelay>0</endDelay>
<pnode>ZB27726_011_1</pnode>
<property id="ST" value="0" formatted="0%" uom="51" name=""/>
</node>
<properties>
<property id="OL" value="100" formatted="100%" uom="51" name=""/>
<property id="RR" value="" formatted=" " uom="0"/>
</properties>
</nodeInfo>

The other 2 hue devices you are likely seeing are coming from hue integration on the polyglot server, just an fyi.

On 6/24/2024 at 5:26 PM, kstev said:

I followed your instructions.  I deleted the spoken word (in the portal and in the Alexa app), I attempted to set the hint but it was already set to 1.2.9.0.  I then added the spoken word back in the portal and then performed a device discovery.  Still showing as on/off in Alexa app.  

Here is the node info, the hint is showing the expected 1.2.9.0 value:

<nodeInfo>
<script/>
<node flag="128" nodeDefId="ZB27726_011_1">
<address>ZB27726_011_1</address>
<name>Living Room Lamp - Local</name>
<family>14</family>
<hint>1.2.9.0</hint>
<parent type="3">24684</parent>
<type>255.1.255.255</type>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
<wattage>0</wattage>
<dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
<startDelay>0</startDelay>
<endDelay>0</endDelay>
<pnode>ZB27726_011_1</pnode>
</node>
<properties>
<property id="OL" value="100" formatted="100%" uom="51" name=""/>
<property id="RR" value="" formatted=" " uom="0"/>
</properties>
</nodeInfo>

The other 2 hue devices you are likely seeing are coming from hue integration on the polyglot server, just an fyi.

There will need to be an update to the Echo integration to support it. 

Stay tuned