ZWAVE motion sensor for outdoors

Looking for recommendations for a ZWAVE motion sensor that can be used outdoors and has a non-battery option (typically USB) for power. I have tried to use a ZOOZ ZSE29 in the past, and it has not reliably detected motion, and I have seen posts from others who were not satisfied with it either. I see that Aeotec has a multisensor 7 out. AFAIK, it is not specifically rated for outside use, but I suspect if it is mostly out of the rain it will work (I have used older Aeotec multisensors in a partially covered outdoor environment in the past with success).

The Multisensor 7 has a bunch of other functionality that I don't really need. If there was another motion detection choice that was reliable, had a non-battery option, and was less expensive, that would be ideal.

The only problem I've come across with the Multisensor 7 is that the USB socket is right next to the set button. When a USB cable is plugged into the sensor it's almost impossible to use the set button.

They recently came out with the Multisensor 8, however I haven't seen one so I don't know if they relocated the set button. You might want to contact Aerotech support and ask them if that issue has been resolved.

I use several battery operated Multisensors outdoors under the eaves. They work well and I haven't had any issues with them. 

37 minutes ago, Techman said:

The only problem I've come across with the Multisensor 7 is that the USB socket is right next to the set button. When a USB cable is plugged into the sensor it's almost impossible to use the set button.

They recently came out with the Multisensor 8, however I haven't seen one so I don't know if they relocated the set button. You might want to contact Aerotech support and ask them if that issue has been resolved.

I use several battery operated Multisensors outdoors under the eaves. They work well and I haven't had any issues with them. 

Thanks for the info. I see that Aeotec has a product called TriSensor 8, which does not appear to have a USB power option.

Here's the info on the soohn to be released ZSE29 800 LR

NEW 800LR VERSION COMING 6/2024  

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• The first Z-Wave motion sensor made for outdoors
  • Great for flood light automation and monitoring
  • NEW IN VER. 2.0: Reports LUX to the hub* (10-900 lux range)
  • NEW IN VER. 2.0: Adjustable motion sensitivity, ability to disable motion detection, and more advanced settings added*
12 hours ago, ldb said:

Looks promising. I ordered one. Not clear exactly what power supply is needed for the supply powered option - I had a look at the zooz user guide and it states "If using 12-24 V, replace the bottom cap with terminal seal. Unscrew the cap and connect 12-24 V wires to the terminals (follow polarity). " The FAQ states "The ZS70 can be powered by either 2 x CR123A (3 V) batteries  or 12-24 V AC/DC." Seems a little unlikely to me that it will work with either AC or DC? Since it can be battery powered one would assume DC would work for sure....I have a question in to Zooz support, and once I have the sensor in hand I will know for sure.