Virtual Switch showing as True/False vs On/Off

Go to solution Solved by sjenkins,

@sjenkins  All has been great with Virtual!  I defined 9 switches using the json format as you took ownership of the node server, and they worked as expected and had values of On and Off.  I've upgraded to each of your releases (except most recent beta).  This morning, I defined 3 additional switches, but their values are showing as True/False.  The json configs are the same other than IDs and names.  Looking at the node details the UOM is 25 for the original 9 switches with values of On/Off.  The UOM is 2 for the 3 created today that have values of True/False.  For the non-programmers in the family, I need On/Off.  Advice?

• Solution
Posted (edited)

@hart2hart, sorry to say its a 3 month old fat-finger of mine when I first refactored the code.  The profile info was done right but in the switch.py code I made the uom 2 instead of 25.  Means only new nodes are affected.  The old ones are fine.  You win the prize for finding it now.  I checked the other nodes and they are consistent.

It's now been fixed in the production and the beta code.

Unfortunately, it's kind of sticky once you make a node with this mistake.

The node needs to be deleted either individually or the whole plugin.  I suggest the former.

0. close the IoX launcher / Administrative Console

1. goto the store (either production 3.1.6 or beta 3.1.9, depending on your preference) and install the virtual plugin on top of the current one (do NOT delete it first).  I did not do a new version for either, just a hot fix.

2. goto the virtual plugin & configuration & make sure the "Allow ISY access by plugin" is ticked and saved

3. goto the node button & delete ONLY the nodes which are showing True/False  [three in your case @hart2hart].  
**The only issue will be if these nodes are part of scenes, they will have to be reinserted in those scenes at the end.  Programs will be fine when the node is regenerated.

4. restart the plugin, the nodes will be regenerated.  Start the admin console.  Happiness (reinsert in scenes if necessary).

Apologise for this one and the steps required.  I know of no other way when the drivers are defined in the code wrong but the profile nodedefs are right.

Let me know how it goes.  I have tested it on both the production and beta versions, locally and installed from the UDI servers.  

Edited by sjenkins

@hart2hart, yes it may take a bit.  Always shows immediately on my stores but on this and other plugins people often say it seems to take time to show.  What that time is I have not been able to figure out.  When I have asked UD they say it should be immediate. YMMV.

Posted (edited)

Good deal!

Please mark my answer as the solution if you don't mind.  Might be helpful to some others.

Actually, don't worry, looks like I have superpowers to do it myself!

Edited by sjenkins
  • Like 1