2342-222 8 button remote question

MarkJames

I just received a new 2342-222 8 button remote.  I've been struggling to turn it into an 8 button toggle controller.  I'm following the instructions about holding the set button 3 seconds a few times  and all the lights flash appropriately.  But when I get to the end it tells me to press D and a down arrow followed by A and a down arrow.  There are no up or down arrows on this controller so I don't know what they're referring to.  I figured they meant dim or bright but this has no dim/bright.....

Any advice would be much appreciated

Posted (edited)

That's an interesting observation.  Might be a problem with their documentation.

I'm taking the instructions from here https://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2342-x22-en.pdf

The 'a' through 'd' on mine are the top two rows.  I continue on with 'e' through 'h'. 

Not sure what to make of it but so far I'm getting nowhere in making it 8 button toggle.  Could be I'm not understanding the functionality

Edited by MarkJames

Posted (edited)

Actually you nailed it.

The trick is to ignore the A thru H letters and act as if its an A thru D controller.  Pressing D down (bottom left) then tapping A down (top left) repeatedly confgures it.  I was pressing the D button that is on mine - which is second row right.  It didn't do anything at all.

Thanks!

Edited by MarkJames