New Release v0.2.5 in Non-Production (Beta) Plugin Store

A new release of the plugin is in the Non-Production (Beta) Plugin Store. Also, the "trial" time has been extended to 6 months. This code contains all the code for support of the central UD Device Access project, but, while we are close to rolling out UD Device Access project support, I still need some debug time from Benoit on the service side, so that's currently not working. If you have your own Device Access project in your personal sandbox, then you can test this version.

You will need to reinstall this new version - probably in a new slot. This is because this version changes the oAuth parameters that are installed with the Plugin. MAKE SURE YOU COPY YOUR THE CUSTOM CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS KEYS AND VALUES from the old version before uninstalling it, because you will need to reenter them for the newly installed version and the new version doesn't put the Custom Configuration Parameter keys in place by default (since they won't be needed for the UD Device Access project implementation). 

This version includes new node definitions for Doorbell and Cameras that has both state values and commands for motion/person/sound detection. It also has a Structure node that provides a node hierarchy for folks that have multiple structures. The state values for motion and person detection events clear automatically (from generated ENDED events) in newer devices (no sound support in newer devices), but I will be interested in seeing if this is the case with older, legacy devices. Let me know how it goes and I can add plugin-managed clearing of state values for detection events if necessary.

Edited by Goose66
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Ooh, and it supports remote temperature sensors! Basic features should be supported by the Plugin out of the box. Will have to wait for the device to ship to see if new features are supported by the API and changes are needed in the Plugin.

As far as Matter support, next to Tesla FSD, Matter is probably the most vaporwary thing I’ve waited for, so I’m not counting those chickens.

Edited by Goose66
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Goose66 said:

You will need to reinstall this new version - probably in a new slot.

So it seems like my old trial version expiring has really FUBAR'd the ability to install.

I tried installing on same slot before uninstalling - no dice.
I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling - no dice.
image.thumb.png.a90c20e6cf1398509acebf7b4177010c.png

Now I am working through a series of rebooting eISY / PG3x and holding my tongue on the left side of my mouth for my next attempts. Will report back. No dice.

Edited by residualimages
10 hours ago, Goose66 said:

. . .
As far as Matter support, next to Tesla FSD, Matter is probably the most vaporwary thing I’ve waited for, so I’m not counting those chickens.

😀 No kidding. I have Tesla FSD. Matter is running neck and neck with FSD on broken promises.

When FSD went to "end-to-end machine learning" several months ago, the improvement in my urban area was dramatic. FSD went from horrendously bad to really terrible. I just got to my seasonal, very rural NW Georgia location. FSD is actually much worse than last year. 

I guess the "machine" hasn't "learned" this "end" of the road yet. 🙄 It will be interesting to see how quickly or if the machine learns this area before I leave. It certainly won't be from a lack of my autopilot disengagements and sending audio comments.

Yeah, I got a message from UD that my selection was invalid. As soon as I get to a computer, I will just add it as a new edition (e.g. “Standard”) and that should work. It requires a reinstall anyway, so won’t make a difference.

• Thanks 1