Installed Home assistant now having ISY issue with Keypad

I have a 8 button keypad that was working fine, when my outside light came on the keypad would light up.  Have both set as controllers.  After installing Home and added the ISY, the keypad wont light up when the light is on.  I do have a different keypad that is still working fine for a different light.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@Blackbird, I'm thinking this is coincidence.  Home Assistant shouldn't do anything to prevent an ISY scene from activating.  If you have Automations (programs) set up on Home Assistant, It could turn off devices using the ISY.  The ISY should have knowledge of this - it will show up in your event viewer and Logfile.

Please check -

1. Run a device link table compare on your KPL.  If there are corrupted/missing links, do a restore.
  2. Manually activate the scene from the ISY console.  Chances are you are having communication problems and not talking to the KPL
  3. If the scene doesn't work, try device direct communication from the Admin console (turn the KPL itself on, not the scene).

Let us know how things go.  If you absolutely can't talk to the KPL, we'll need to get a bit more invasive.

Edit: Are you running Home Assistant on the EISY or another device?

Edited by IndyMike
Posted (edited)

I dont have any automations setup yet on HA.

1. nothing corrupted that i could see

2.  manually turning on the scene works

Im running HA on my Synology NAS.

Ok so here is what I see happening.  I will use another example.  My fountain is connected to the same key pad as the light but a different button.  Both are set as controllers.  I have a program that in the morning, turns on the fountain (set to turn on the fountain not the scene)  a few days ago this was working fine and the keypad light came on when the fountain was running.  Now when the program runs the keypad button does not light.  When I turn on the fountain with admin console or UD mobile, the fountain turns on but not the keypad.  If I turn the scene on then both come on.

If a device and keypad are both controllers in a scene:

1. Should both turn on when manually clicking the on button of the device?

2. Should both come on when a program just tells the device to turn on?

3. Should both turn on when turning the device on with UD mobile or admin console?

Also I tried deleting the scene with the light and re adding them and doing a restore on the light and the keypad and same thing.  By the way, both the fountain and light are running off an insteon outdoor on off module.

One thing I noticed for sure that changed when installing HA is when I added my ecobee thermostat, it changed my setting from "cool" to "heat and cool" and set my cool temp to 24c when I previously had it set to 22c.

Thanks

Edited by Blackbird
1 hour ago, Blackbird said:

If a device and keypad are both controllers in a scene:

1. Should both turn on when manually clicking the on button of the device? YES - activating the device manually will invoke the scene since it is a controller.

2. Should both come on when a program just tells the device to turn on? NO - This is a device direct command. Only the device turns on. 

3. Should both turn on when turning the device on with UD mobile or admin console? NO - Same as #2.

Answers to your questions above.  

Use the scene in your programs and from the Admin console.

Edited by IndyMike
2 hours ago, IndyMike said:

Answers to your questions above.  

Use the scene in your programs and from the Admin console.

Thank you so much, very helpful info which i never fully understood.  Today I will check my programs to make sure it's set properly and see if that fixes the problem.