RemoteLinc2: Can It Control Z-Wave Devices?

Riggins44

Maybe this is a dumb question ..

I have a RemoteLinc2 (8-button) and my old Insteon ApplianceLinc has apparently died. I have replaced it with a Z-Wave plug and it is working fine for manual control from the Admin Console. I tried to add it to my "RemoteLinc Scene" button and I have no control. I put the RL into the blinking set mode several times and it just won't control it.

Can I not control other devices (other than Insteon) with a RemoteLinc? Maybe that's the problem.

7 hours ago, dbuss said:

You can create a scene with the RemoteLinc2 as the controller and the Z-Wave plug as the responder. 

That's what I tried to do in the AC .. several times .. but it just won't work. I started thinking maybe it's not possible?

I'm starting to think that it's a problem communicating with my RemoteLinc. I try to add or remove the ZW to the button "scene" and put the RL into the set mode (long press button bottom) and I never see the blinking change which I kind of remember when I originally put this RL in service.

You can add or remove the RemoteLinc button from a scene but you can't link a Z-Wave device directly to a RemoteLinc button. Try turning the scene on and off with the remote and let the scene control the device.

Do other scenes in the remotes buttons work as planed? If so I doubt the remote has communications problems.

15 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:

But you should be able to create a program in your ISY controller to look for the remote button press, and then trigger any action that your ISY can do.

Try creating a scene, not a program, as described in previous posts.