Worked well, for 2 weeks. Now not seeing thermostats

Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

I'm giving this plugin a try. It was working well for about 2 weeks. Now not seeing the thermostats (I have two). Looking at the log file, It seemed to be trying to access them at their IP address which seems to have been changed, which is very possible because they were set up with DHCP. So now I set them to fixed IP addresses. Then I tried to rediscover them, restart the plugin, etc. No luck. Even deleted and reinstalled the plugin, but it's not detecting them. Is there something I need to erase to really start afresh? Thanks.

• Solution

The plugin uses Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) to discover the thermostats which should work as long as the thermostats are on the same LAN segment as the Polisy/eISY. Once discovered, the plugin stores the IP address for each discovered thermostat, and when restarted, uses the IP address to access the thermostat so they don't have to be discovered again. So if your thermostats' IP addresses change, you will have to rediscover them.

That said, simply assigning them a fixed IP address (assuming you mean DHCP reservation) shouldn't stop SSDP from working. Here are some things that could make SSDP discovery stop working:

1. Setting the thermostat to a fixed IP address in the thermostat setup screen, if you either a) set it to an IP address that's not on the same LAN segment, or b) accidentally disabled the "Local API" setting when making the change;

2. Have a Custom Configuration Parameter with key of "hostname" set to anything, such as one or more of the old IP addresses. If the "hostname" Custom Configuration Parameter is present, the plugin will bypass SSDP discovery instead try to contact a thermostat at the hostname(s) or IP address(es) listed in the parameter's value. You can either delete the Custom Configuration Parameter and try Discover again, or set the "hostname" Custom Configuration Parameter value to a list of the new, fixed IP addresses of your thermostats (separated by semicolon - no leading or trailing spaces).

• Like 1