Multiple Failed Devices received during pandemic especially 2466S Rev 6.6 5120

ThisIsTheWay

Ive got 4 on off non paddle 2466S switches bough during the pandemic when nothing else was available and right before insteon went out of business.

Ive had issues with most of them over time.  Now nearly all are dead...dont communicate with ISY.

Anyone else have this?  

Edited by ThisIsTheWay

@ThisIsTheWay

What controller and firmware and UI versions are you running.

The discontinued 2466S, if I remember correctly, is a single band powerline only device. It's highly unlikely that the devices have failed. Your issue is most likely due to either noise on the powerline from an electrical device, or that the 2 legs of your powerline are not properly bridged.

I've attached a few links that will help you troubleshoot,

INSTEON Signal / Noise Troubleshooting - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki (universal-devices.com)

INSTEON: Troubleshooting Communications Errors - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki (universal-devices.com)

• Like 2

I had the dimmer and relay versions of these at my last house. It's important to know that they are power-line / single band only. If there's a change in powerline nearby, it can "numb" them. 

I had one at the furthest edge of my powerline. Every year or so it would flake out and I would have to factory reset it and restore device. I had several of the wireless access points and I eventually plugged one in near by and it worked ok after that as well as helping other devices. A dualband device would serve the same purpose. 

• Like 1

Also, I wired one of the issued switches in to a receptacle box powered by a plug and plugged in to the same exact outlet as the PLM. Still get note 'cannot communicate with device.'

Shouldn't this work assuming the issues was 'noise' on the circuit it was in before? 

EDIT: The other 'bad' switch works now that ive added in some filter links and moved my PLM.  So, i suspect i have noise and 1 bad switch...?

Edited by ThisIsTheWay