Newbie Question, Local vs Pgm control

avionics123

Long time X10 user, new to Insteon. 2 questions for the experts. I have the ISY 99y pro and Power Link Dual Band modem set up. All Insteon network.

1) I wired a 6 button switch to control an outside light. I wrote a program to turn the light on at 7:00 pm and off at 6:00. that works fine. I created a scene called night light and set button A of the 6 button swicthas the controller. I added two other on/off switces for other outside lights as resonders in the same scene. If I manually hit button A on the 6 button swicth all the lights in the scene turn on and off as they should. However the program that activates button A at the timed intervals only ends up controling the button A device, the other two lights in the scene will not follow the button A light when under program control. What am I doing wrong?

2) I had an interior light that was controlled by 2 wall swicthes. I removed both swicthes and installed two on/off insteon swicthes and wired them, per the 3-way diagram. On the FAQ they say to set the switches up as a virtual 3 way by cross linking them. I'm not sure how to set up the virtual cross link. Creat a scene? Program?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Long time X10 user, new to Insteon. 2 questions for the experts.

I'm also new to the ISY 99i and a long time X10 user, so please take this advice with that in mind!

If I manually hit button A on the 6 button swicth all the lights in the scene turn on and off as they should. However the program that activates button A at the timed intervals only ends up controling the button A device,

Your program needs to control the scene, not the button. In the "Then" section, select "Insteon", then select the Scene you want to change, not the button.

2) I had an interior light that was controlled by 2 wall swicthes. I removed both swicthes and installed two on/off insteon swicthes and wired them, per the 3-way diagram. On the FAQ they say to set the switches up as a virtual 3 way by cross linking them. I'm not sure how to set up the virtual cross link. Creat a scene? Program?

Using the ISY to cross link them....create a scene that includes both devices as a controller.

Archived