ISY or Lamplinc not accepting 8 or 9 minute ramp rate

nowandthen

I changed my evening lighting scene so that one lamp will ramp up over 9 minutes. But it still ramps at the 1 minute rate. The lamp itself is set to 1 minute but in the scene it is set to 9 minutes. Maybe i don't understand? I thought a scene setting for a device would take precedence over the "default" settings for a device.

Smartlabs changed the way the device responds when set to the maximum ramp rate. They were fielding calls from customers that the device was not turning On when in fact it was turning On, just VERY slowly. So they changed the way the device reacts when the maximum ramp rate value is set. From memory the device now reacts with a 1 or 2 second ramp rate when the ramp rate is defined as the maximum value. The ramp rate value stored in the responder device link record runs from 0x1F which is the fastest ramp rate down to 0x00 which was the slowest ramp rate. Now a 0x00 ramp rate causes something in the 1-2 second range. Simply bring the ramp rate down a notch. The actual visual difference between ramping a lamp up over 8 minutes versus over 9 minutes is hardly noticeable.

EDIT: this is the link to the Smarthome forum entry where they document the change to the 9 minute ramp rate....

http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.as ... ,ramp,rate

Archived