September 19Sep 19 Hi there, It looks like it's been a minute since any activity, so I'm hoping whatever issue I'm getting may have been resolved already? Anyway, I have two Roomba 980s ("Roomba" and "Roomba Floor 2" @ IP addresses 192.168.1.24 and .23 respectively, by DHCP reservation. The Roomba node server connects to .24 just fine, but it errors out on .23, eventually giving me "connection refused" messages. It does discover the device, but when it attempts to get the password, it appears the response is different between the two. It generates the following python error:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90263ed_2/roomba-poly.py", line 795, in getPassword password = str(data[7:].decode().rstrip("\x00")) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf0 in position 0: invalid continuation byteIt looks like it doesn't get the password because it is expecting a continuation of the packet? (I don't know how much data is returned in this call, but I can't image if we're starting at position 7, and I know the password happens to be 7 characters - we shouldn't need another packet to get the password. I'm attaching the log file. Both devices have the same "Product Software" (I assume this is the firmware version), 2.4.17-138. The only difference is about 3 days in the product software update time (the working one on 8/15/23 and the one with the error 8/18/23). Thanks for any help/insight you can offer on this.Dave Taylor Roomba_9-19-2026_105225_AM.zip
September 20Sep 20 Solution I just pushed version 2.0.18 of the plug-in to the store. So give that one a try.
Thursday at 06:49 PM5 days Author Hi & thanks, that seems to have fixed the login issue. It now connects to both robots and indicates that it is connected to two (title says Roomba (2), in Polyglot). But, I don't see the nodes appear either in Polyglot or in eisy Admin Console. From reading the help, I think these should be added during discovery and can find in the log where it says it is adding a node, but nothing appears. Can/should I add these nodes manually in eisy with the names from the log file?
Thursday at 08:38 PM5 days No, don't try to create the nodes manually. The plugin won't know they exist so it will never try to update them.One of the main reasons nodes don't get created is because there's something wrong in the info being used to create the node. There are restrictions on what can be used for address and names and the plugin may fail to catch everything before trying to create the node.In the plugin log there should be lines like: "Adding Roomba 980: name (address)" so if you see those, then the plugin is attempting to create the node. At the same time (using the log timestamps), the PG3 log should be making http requests to IoX to add the nodes. If you send me the full log package which includes both the plugin log and the PG3 log, I can take a look. Keep in mind that both logs will reset at midnight so you need to start (restart) the plugin and then download the log package if you haven't done so today.You can PM the package or email it to bpaauwe at yahoo.com
Create an account or sign in to comment