New Guy With A Few ISY/Insteon Questions

midrar

I did not use the Red wire as states in these directions. This probably is the reason why.

I found the instructions to be ambiguous, or inconsistent, or both. I don't think I followed them exactly, either. Nor do I think the IOlinc cares whether "on" is open or closed, so I do not suspect this to be your problem.

I wired my garage door i/o linc via directions from Smarthome and manually linked it.

"Manually" linked it? With what other insteon device? Did you not use the ISY-99 to establish your links (or scenes)?

Yes I manually linked it to a keypad button. It has always worked without an issue. After I manually linked them, I had the ISY crawl for my links.

Its worth a try to use the RED wire. Afterwards, I'm going to delete them from the ISY and use the ISY to program it.

When you restore all your devices, does it wipe out the memory & rewrite the scene over again?

You do not have to delete the Scene, just Remove the Responder from the Scene. Then add it back as a Controller. If it is defined as a Controller it is assumed to also be a Responder. Only if you no longer want it as a Controller and a Responder (that is you want it only as a Responder) would you need to Remove a Controller and add it back as a Responder.

Archived