Device Query

jgraziano

Is it possible to query under program control? Testing 'status' in a program doesn't automatically query the device first does it?

As I understand it, ISY does not know the status of devices that were controlled by d2d links, correct? So if I turn on a lamp from a CL, ISY won't know it unless it querys the LL.

I'd like to query the LL in the program so then I can get a 100% accurate status before I test for it.

Thanks.

The ISY is supposed to be informed of any change in any device that it knows of.

There is a Query under the Action command list though.

Rand

Thanks Rand, that's exactly what I was looking for. I thought I had seen Query in the programming drop-downs somewhere, but couldn't remember where, then I looked in the wrong dropdown!

As a test I turned on a lamp from a CL, ISY showed OFF, then triggered a Query in a program with an X10 button press and the status did indeed change.

Thanks!

If the links between the CL and the LL were created with the ISY the status in the ISY would update automatically because the PLM/ISY would be included in the scene.

If you do use the Query I imagine you will need to use a Wait for a second or two after a Query before you use the Status as a Condition. It should be 0.5 seconds per Device (you can Query Scenes).

Archived