All Devices Uncontrollable after Thunderstorms

terrys

We had several lines of heavy thunderstorms move through this area over night. Power was off and on. This morning I see that all the lights in the house are at the 11:00 PM level. None went off after that time last night. Now I cannot control any of the lights manually from either the Device Pane or the Admin console.

Do I need to do a manual reset of the ISY-99iR? Or something else?

Thanks,

Terry

I'd start by unplugging the PLM from power, then unplugging the power supply for the ISY. With both unplugged, try using one of your 3-way switches to verify the scenes that were saved directly to the devices are working and you are not experiencing a new noise problem. Then go check the condition of your whole-house surge protector--if the indicator lights show it is no longer functioning, arrange to have it replaced.

By this time, the ISY and PLM should have been unplugged long enough to discharge. Plug both back in and log back into the ISY. Click Tools...Diagnostics...Event Viewer and change level to 3. Go to an Insteon device somewhere in the house and use the built-in controls, then go back and verify messages came across in the ISY Event Viewer window. If so, you should be set.

Thanks. I unplugged both PLM and ISY. Checked 3 way device and still have local control of lamps etc with those. Whole house arrestor on electrical panel still functioning. Not sure what you mean by "log back into the ISY". Do you mean open the Admin Console again?

Archived