New Dual Band Thermostat from Smarthome

Brian H

Maybe as I actually found a model 4715 Thermostat in the FCC Database.

Internal; external photos and a users manual. The users manual does not show any 120 volt connection.

Maybe there is going to be a Dual Band and the one I found with no 120 volt connections.

FCC ID: SBP4715

I also see it is being marketed by maybe a new division of the company.

Smartpro is the web link to the area. Our friend Steve Lee is the contact for that area.

http://www.smartproline.com/

The Quick Start Guide and Specifications sheet is on the Smartpro web site under Thermostats.

You'd need to do more than just fish romex, you'd need to add or change electrical boxes in the wall to accommodate both high and low voltage connections.

I could see SmartLabs wanting to put the RF circuitry inside the thermostat, removing the need for an adapter, but I doubt it is dual-band. The whole Insteon line is designed to be retrofit-able, and you typically don't have 120 VAC available at the location of a thermostat.

It would make far more sense, from an installer's point of view, to simply replace a nearby switch with a dual-band SwitchLinc as your connection to the power line network.

Sorry, I think C-T got it wrong this time.

Interesting looking at http://www.smartproline.com/products.html , looks like all new product numbers I believe current ones all are 2xxx these are 4xxx.

Maybe a professional instead of consumer line; Smarthomepro is listed as a distributor Smarthome.com is not.

There is also a new Network Hub, Hardwired phase coupler/Access Point? and a SMART Central Controller, there answer to isy?

-Nick

Yes it does look like the Smart line of devices is geared to Installers.

I hope that at least the Network Bridge and Thermostat will make it into the DIY areas. Even if it gets the 24?? part number.

The Smart Small Computer Controller does look like it would be a Installer type device. As it has ways for the installer to remotely program it and maybe correct user induced errors.

The Smart Small Computer Controller does look like it would be a Installer type device. As it has ways for the installer to remotely program it and maybe correct user induced errors.

Well they definitely need something to help installers.

I cant imagine using Insteon without an ISY.

I would have thrown my setup in the garbage long ago.

Archived