Odd Behavior with a 2476d

apostolakisl

I just installed a new 2476d on a single switch circuit to a chandalier. I set it up so that hitting the off paddle when it is off runs an isy program turning it on to 25%.

Here is the odd part. When it was on at 25%, if I hit the "on" paddle it turned off. I don't know how this is possible. From ISY I ran restore device which fixed it. It responded instantly to the "on" press (shutting it off) so I am doubting it had anything to do with ISY programs as that usually takes a second or so. I am not aware of anyway to make an Insteon switch turn off when you hit the "on" side of the paddle. Just to be clear, the led's on the switch as well as the actual load (chandalier) instantly shut off when I hit the "on" button from already being at a 25% level.

Anyone else know anything about this? And if so, could this be done on purpose if you for some reason wanted this?

If you click on the device in the device tree, the 'local' On button response can be changed by adjusting the Properties in the middle of the page. As already noted, the device may be populated with settings from factory testing, or sometimes people set long ramp rates or dim on levels by accident.

If you click on the device in the device tree, the 'local' On button response can be changed by adjusting the Properties in the middle of the page. As already noted, the device may be populated with settings from factory testing, or sometimes people set long ramp rates or dim on levels by accident.

I don't seem to have that button. Is it after 2.7.15? I click on the device in the device tree and get local ramp rate and local on level, but no other properties to adjust. Unless you mean to set the "on level" to zero. But this was not the case. If the light were off and you click on, it would turn on 100%. It only turned off if it was partially on when you hit the "on" button.

If

Control 'Master Bedroom / Master/Closet' is switched Off

And Status 'Master Bedroom / Master/Closet' is Off

Then

Set 'Master Bedroom / Master/Closet' 25%

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Nothing fancy here. I have this program on a couple of switches so that you can easily get the light on to a low setting if you get up in the middle of the night.

I don't think the ISY had anything to do with this behavior. It happened way to fast for an ISY program to have executed it. Plus, the only thing I did to "fix" it was restore the device, no other changes to the system at all.

I should have played with it more before restoring it. It might have had done the same thing at 100% on by clicking the "on" button too, I don't know, never tried it. Like you can set KPL buttons as toggle, I wonder if the "on" paddle wasn't behaving as a toggle. I am not aware of anyway to set it that way, but it seemed like it might have been doint that.

Archived