ISY99 and EZIO8

JCBond

I have an EZIO8 from SimpleHomeNet and an ISY-99i PRO running v2.8.4. I can link the EZIO8 and send control info to the 8 outputs. But when it comes to the inputs I see no way to Query the device and the input that is the 1Wire temp sensor never updates, even though with SimpleHomeNet's own utility I can verify that the 1Wire temp sensor is working. Any ideas?

JCBond

My EZIO8SA is reporting Input 7 (1-wire) as ON and OFF to both the SHN Utility Inputs Settings and Monitor tab as well as the ISY Admin Console for the EZIO8SA node F. I am running 2.8.5 but I'm sure this was tested on earlier 2.8.x images. With the Event Viewer at Change level 3 - Device Communications Events, do you see any event activity as you turn Input 7 On and Off.

The ISY does not support Input 7 in 1-wire mode. There is no mechanism to set the 1-wire trip points or the Enable 1-wire Configuration Register option. It should be working as the default digital mode Input and show basic On and Off status for node F.

Let me know what the Event Viewer shows as Input 7 is cycled On and OFf.

Lee

I am trying to make the Input 7 work with a 1Wire device. I can use the Simplehomenet Utility Suite to set the Triger points for the particular input. Shouldnt then the ISY just respond to the triger points already set?

SEPARATE question Why is there no QUERY command for the EZIO device. I have had instances where the EZIO gets out of sync with the ISY and I would like to triger a Query so that the ISY could verify the status of the inputs.

JCBond

Right click on the EZIO8SA primary node and select Query.

I believe you can set up all the 1-wire requirements with the SHN Utility and the EZIO8SA will signal Off to On and On to Off conditions based on the 1-wire trigger points. The ISY will not be aware Input 7 is not in digital mode. You will not have access to the actual temperature value.

Lee

Archived