Logitech Alert 750e Outdoor Master Security

jkraus

Hi was looking at this security system and it seems it sends the video data over power line. Just wondering about peoples opinion about this or similar power line comnications causing interference with my Insteon system. Any thoughts or comments?

• 1 month later...
I have Wi-Life cameras installed which the Logitech cameras are based on. I have not had any interference with Insteon signals.

The cameras use HomePlug technology.

Here is the link to HomePlug: http://www.homeplug.org/home/

Rand

Rand:

I am still trying to get my Logitech Security Cameras to work with my ISY99i. i have the newer version but they also use HomePlug technology.

Is there anything you had to do, for example set IP addresses to solve potential IP problems. Not sure if my problem is wire or IP related. The folks at Logitech say it is probably wireline related and that is that.

close to giving up on this.

UPDATE: They work now. all is well.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1 year later...
I have Wi-Life cameras installed which the Logitech cameras are based on. I have not had any interference with Insteon signals.

The cameras use HomePlug technology.

Here is the link to HomePlug: http://www.homeplug.org/home/

Rand

Rand:

I am still trying to get my Logitech Security Cameras to work with my ISY99i. i have the newer version but they also use HomePlug technology.

Is there anything you had to do, for example set IP addresses to solve potential IP problems. Not sure if my problem is wire or IP related. The folks at Logitech say it is probably wireline related and that is that.

close to giving up on this.

UPDATE: They work now. all is well.

Thanks,

Mike

How did you get this to work Mike? I have 6 logitech alert cameras and would love to get it to work with ISY/Mobilinc.

Archived