iPhone Auto Execute based on location

nishalp

Would you use a app that did this?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a app that did this?

• Yes
    • No

I have had a idea for a long time and now with iPhone OS 4 multi tasking, I think it is possible. Problem is I am not a iPhone developer.

What I am thinking is could you not create a app that would accept you home location.

Then it would give you options like execute program or scene when you come within a set proximity of your home address. You could use the google mapping feature to figure out current location versus home address...

I know there are some challenges that need to be cleared like how to prevent it from executing multiple times while within range but that should not be rocket science.

Would be nice that when I drive up to my house, the garage opens, the light turn on and so on..

Or when I am leaving, it ensures that my lights are ok, heating / cooling is set to a unoccupied setting or off...

What does everyone else think?

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea and I do in fact do this but it's manually. When I get near home I use my iPhone and click on Scene and then click on a program called Getting Home. This turns on certain lights and make the house look nice when I arrive. I did wonder if your idea is possible but it seems like it would be hard to program.

• 3 weeks later...