What is "Enable Internet Access"?

mmknox

Hi,

Sorry for the noob question, but I am curious about something on my new ISU-99i/IRPro...

The Help - About Dialog box includes the line "Internet Access: Disabled" and there is an option on the File menu to "Enable Internet Access"

If I try to run the "Enable Internet Access" command from the File menu, all I get is a dialog box saying "Failed Enabling Internet Access".

What is this for? I have forwarded the ISU's port on my router and have no problem accessing the Administrative Console remotely. I also have the MobiLink iPhone app working nicely. Internet access seems to be working just fine.

Thanks,

Mike

This option (enable internet access) is to enable one to log in to the ISY from a remote location, outside your home network. The types of problems you are experiencing are usually followed by questions about routers and firewall settings. I have tried my best to stay ignorant of such things, so I will not try to fool anyone into thinking I know anything about them.

Yes, but I AM able to log in remotely. I can do so from my office PC or my iPhone when away from the house. It works perfectly. This in spite of the fact that it says Internet Access is disabled and the Enable command doesn't seem to work!

Very odd...

Archived