Unclear on linking EZIO8SA

Quixote

All blank Device State fields is not a device communication problem, particularly when Query does not resolve it. I see it at times when it is the first time starting the Admin Console in awhile. After that it generally comes up fine until it has not run for awhile. Like a timing problem when it has not run for awhile.

Do you start the Admin Console with a URL or through the initial HTML screen? If with a URL it may not be that of the latest Admin Console.

I navigate to the ISY's network address on my LAN and hit administrative console.

I just updated Java, cleared the cache and certificates and went back to the admin console and it's the same deal.

I can control the relays and lights, but the "Current State" provides no feedback (it's left blank).

Also, the Event viewer shows absolutely nothing, even as I turn the lights on and off successfully.

There is a thread (I think) that receives notifications from the ISY when status changes and commands execute. With no Device State information and no Event Viewer events I think they are related symptoms. Some issue with the Admin Console communicating with the ISY through Java.

Are you Windows or Mac? Just curiosity?

I have never seen the Admin Console not come up correctly after one or two tries. I have no suggestions on how to resolve it. Perhaps someone else or UDI can suggest a solution.

I'm using a PC running Windows 7 64.

Thank you for your suggestions. I hope that someone at UDI can resolve this issue because I'm really hoping for a rock-solid setup. That's why I switched from using a PC to control my Insteon network to the ISY originally.

Especially when it comes to aquariums, you need as close to 100% reliability as possible. The lives of many creatures (fish and plants) depend on it.

-D

After searching for similar situations there is a common theme that comes out. Firewall issues can cause a similar situation. Since it appears that the Device State is always blank it would seem more logical a configuration issue rather than the very intermittent Admin Console problem.

Also I think the 32 bit Java is required even on 64 bit machine.

Thanks for the pointer. It seems that the only way I can have my states shown is by disabling the firewall, which is not an option. I cannot figure out how to set the address of the ISY as an exception for all the required allowances, even though I've read through the posts that you pointed me to and tried the suggestions. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. :(

At least you have me on the right track.

Looks like I owe the UDI team an apology. Guess I should study the forum more carefully before I lose my cool. :oops:

Hi Quixote,

Kaspersky should open a requester when you try to access an unauthorized device.

Please reboot your PC and try again.

Rand

Thanks for the pointer. It seems that the only way I can have my states shown is by disabling the firewall, which is not an option. I cannot figure out how to set the address of the ISY as an exception for all the required allowances, even though I've read through the posts that you pointed me to and tried the suggestions. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. :(

At least you have me on the right track.

Looks like I owe the UDI team an apology. Guess I should study the forum more carefully before I lose my cool. :oops:

I had seen it and followed the directions provided by rickerdo, but failed to try HTTPS! :oops: I don't know what's wrong with me these days. I've been overlooking details a lot lately.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction to all of you. Problem solved!!

Archived