Programing water fountain control

westmoonshore

I’m trying to setup a program to operate and monitor a water fountain at home. I have an Insteon Outletlinc and a Insteon I\O Linc with a ISY-99i Pro controller. The Outletlinc turns the water pump on and off. The I/O linc sensor is attached to a water level float switch (high point=closed) and the relay is attached to a sprinkler valve that fills the fountain. I would like it to do the following:

Turn Pump on at Sunrise and off at Sunset + 30min

Pump only turns on if the fountain is full

AutoFill checks level every hour and if the float switch is open, then fill until the switch is closed

If auto fill runs more than 8 min, shut off Fill and pump and email/text me

It is currently running, but I’m not sure it is the best way to setup the program. Right now it continually checks the water level and refills. I would like it to check every hour until Sunset +30min. Here is the code for the Water Level Status check'.

If

Status ‘Fountain Water Level-Sensor’ is Off

Then

Run Program ‘Fountain Fill ON’ (Then Path)

Else

Run Program ‘Fountain Fill OFF’ (Then Path)

Stop program ‘Water Level Status check’

This currently does not stop in the Else statement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am totally new here to ISY programming and have been reading alot here so lets see if I've learned anything........

In order to get the ELSE to execute you have to also trigger on the On condition. So....

If

AND

Status 'Fountain Water Level-Sensor' is not On

Then

Else

The experts here will probably correct me and I'll learn something new.

Thanks Andy!

I have added the line to the If statement and I will test in the morning. If this works, I will enabled the If time statement that calls the 'Water Level Status check' one every hour. Hopefully we will be on the right track.

Any idea on how to add the "If auto fill runs more than 8 min, shut off Fill and pump and email/text me"?

I'm not sure where to add this statement in the whole program.

Thanks again!

I wish one of the other guys would chime in here. I think I was mistaken in my above post, you only need the opposite condition if testing 'Control' not 'Status'. Your original program should work although I question whether you can stop a program from within that program. Why do you have that Stop Program statement? Won't the program just end anyway?

As far as your more recent question after turning on the pump wait 8 mins then run another program to check if it's still on and if it is then turn everything off and send yourself an EMail.

Hi westmoonshore,

The simplest way to restrict a program is to create a folder with the time restrictions.

andyf0 is correct about a second program to limit the run time of the pump.

Rand

I’m trying to setup a program to operate and monitor a water fountain at home. I have an Insteon Outletlinc and a Insteon I\O Linc with a ISY-99i Pro controller. The Outletlinc turns the water pump on and off. The I/O linc sensor is attached to a water level float switch (high point=closed) and the relay is attached to a sprinkler valve that fills the fountain. I would like it to do the following:

Turn Pump on at Sunrise and off at Sunset + 30min

Pump only turns on if the fountain is full

AutoFill checks level every hour and if the float switch is open, then fill until the switch is closed

If auto fill runs more than 8 min, shut off Fill and pump and email/text me

It is currently running, but I’m not sure it is the best way to setup the program. Right now it continually checks the water level and refills. I would like it to check every hour until Sunset +30min. Here is the code for the Water Level Status check'.

If

Then

Else

This currently does not stop in the Else statement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived