This is no April Fool's joke, MobiLinc Android Beta is here.

InsteonNut

{UPDATE} The Beta testing period is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!

Mobile Integrated Solutions is proud to announce that we've entered into the Beta testing phase of MobiLinc for the Android platform and we could use your help! While we've done quite a bit of testing on our end, we can't foresee all possible configurations and could use the community’s feedback.

Here are the details of the MobiLinc for Android app:

Android OS compatibility: OS 2.1 and later.

INSTEON Controllers Supported: ISY-26 and ISY-99i controllers from Universal Devices. SmartLinc support is planned in our second phase.

Beta Test Cycle: From now till April 30th, 2011.

What does it cost?: Beta copies are Free and expire on April 30th, 2011.

If you are interested in participating in the MobiLinc for Android Beta test cycle, please visit the following for download and install instructions:

http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=441

Just installed it and LOVE IT! This will make it SO much easier to control my stuff from outside the home. Just one question...

In the settings, I see an option to "Show Hidden Items" but I don't see anywhere to hide particular devices. For instance. I have a RemoteLinc that controls some lights. So I don't need to see the RemoteLinc buttons listed in my devices since the lights themselves are already listed. How do I hide a device?

Thanks for providing this tool for Android!

Hi wpmjones,

Thank you!

To hide devices, folders, scenes, or programs navigate to the item you would like to hide and press and hold the folder, device, scene, or program row until a pop-up occurs asking if you would like to hide this item. Tap on the option to hide it and it will not be shown unless you enable the "Show Hidden Items" option under settings.

Wes

• 3 weeks later...

Great app so far. If possible would like it to be a little quicker, more responsive. Also when I hide devices it seems to forget that the devices are supposed to be hidden and then appear again and devices marked as favorites seem to get unchecked as favorites. Also would like to request the ability to sort the devices in the favorites list. Thanks

Don't know how I just came across this. I've been looking for such a solution. Looks very nice! Seems to work pretty well also.

One glitch for me:

I have a ceiling fan connected to a SwitchLinc Dimmer. The on level is programmed to be 40%. This is reflected in MobiLinc. When I turn on the device by clicking the light bulb on the left, the fan comes on 100%. It did not stop at the programmed on level. It reacted like it received a "fast on".

Great app!

Hi kurelgyer,

Thank you! We've fixed the On Level issue in our internal releases. The next public beta will include this fix.

Hi Dss,

What Android device are you using? We have made some speed improvements since the first release that will appear in the next public beta. Also, we've been able to reproduce the missing favorites issue and are addressing it. We're looking into the hiding of devices issues.

Wes

Hi Dss,

What Android device are you using? We have made some speed improvements since the first release that will appear in the next public beta. Also, we've been able to reproduce the missing favorites issue and are addressing it. We're looking into the hiding of devices issues.

Wes

Thanks, I'm using the original Motorola Droid

Hi,

I just downloaded and I am currently testing.

Looks Good!

Comments:

UI looks good

Syncing is good

I like the Status Feedback

I will be doing some more extensive testing. I am considering using a dedicated Android Tablet as a wall mounted Interface for my ISY System.

Thanks for the good looking program.

Clarence

Archived